MX1 Questions

Forum for Aira
Aldred411

Re: MX1 Questions

Post by Aldred411 »

I'll add the I still mix in maschine , I use the mx1 as my soundcard , to intergrate the aira gear , for mic and mates guitar ,may get sound more hardware and external fx , for the mx-1 fx and filters,to bring the sample rate of the other aira gear down to 48k ,
I like the idea of the live mix , recording the whole mix or seeing if i can record audio separately using soundflower , not sure how much you can control via midi at the moment ,as there no midi chart , but it would be good if we could automate some stuff like filters and mutes , maybe switching fx on/off etc
regalpierot

Re: MX1 Questions

Post by regalpierot »

Been working in External mode for about five hours straight now and I can safely say the MX-1 is something of a game changer in my opinion. Stunning. I am running Maschine on Track 1/Channel 1. I have so much muscle memory built in that device that I am doing all my drum tracks through it so can mix, mute\unmute, switch patterns, add\edit etc exactly as I need within machine and only need to use up one slot on the MX-1. The remaining 8 channels (counting the stereo ones as a single channel and leaving 17\18 dedicated to routing the master back into the computer to record takes) are filled with either a Midi Track\Virtual Instrument, External hardware synth a VT-3 with mic connected and a feed from my guitar pedal board. I have the Aux sends\returns running to an Eventide H9 and Strymon Big Sky.

I was able to record into Ableton from all the external gear, feed the tracks back to an applicable fader on the MX-1 for mixing and finally route a channel strip to capture the MXs master output back into a track in live. Captured a performance with all MX BFX and MFX without breaking a sweat.

The workflow possibilities of this thing are incredible.