MX1 AUX return noise

Forum for Aira
kingfisher84

MX1 AUX return noise

Post by kingfisher84 »

I am having a problem with the AUX return on the MX1. I'm running a roland space echo effects pedal on the AUX send and return. I have two RCA to 1/4 inch jacks going into and out of the pedal for stereo. The problem is when I turn up the AUX return, I am getting hissing/static. It is only on the AUX return, I get the same level of noise regardless if the pedal is plugged in, or if there is nothing plugged in. Anybody else have this problem and how did you correct it?
Phat Kontroler

Re: MX1 AUX return noise

Post by Phat Kontroler »

Exactly the same problem here.
The level of noise very high.
Unusable.
Phat Kontroler

Post by Phat Kontroler »

Can anyone confirm please?
I tried all the cables I could get my hands on with the same results.
The noise in NOT coming from the FX units, as plugged in-line between the synth and the channel input generates no noise at all.
jonnyj53

Post by jonnyj53 »

Same here. Just bought an MX-1 for Christmas and the Effects return is hissy as hell. Tried all ways and cables of hooking it up. Not acceptable.
Inkog

Post by Inkog »

The MX1 send/return loop is subjectable to noise without a doubt. I've tried many devices, and narrowed it down to needing really clean power, which most pedals don't supply with their cheep wall worts.

Make sure you mains have a good ground. Try batteries if possible or a good power supply. I have a Korg Kaoss pad that is perfectly silent. My Zoom 70 is almost silent via buss power, but noisy as hell with a wall wort. I have a MXR Bass Di+ that is silent via phantom power from my mixer, but gets a bit loud from the wall wort.
jonnyj53

Post by jonnyj53 »

Hi Inkog thank you for the reply. Yeah i thought I may be able to troubleshoot the noise away but its going to be a bit more costly possibly. The two units I have going into the MX-1 Effects send is the Digitech Jamman Delay and Roland's own Scooper. The Jamman is usually pretty quiet and the Scooper is usually quiet but its hissy too. Neither use batteries which would have taken care of the issue. I will have to find something to isolate the two ac adapters they use.
jonnyj53

Post by jonnyj53 »

Another workaround I tried yesterday was another mixer with the effects going in and out of it and then the mixer connected to the send/return on the MX-1. The hiss is more controllable and can be lessened to a large degree but the hiss is still present and its not practical for live use defeating the purpose of the MX-1 being a "command" center as its been called in the past.