Ground loop type hum MX-1 out to scarlett in

Forum for Aira
evolveone

Ground loop type hum MX-1 out to scarlett in

Post by evolveone »

What up

I am having an issue and was hoping someone might now a fix. When I plug the the TRS outs from the MX-1 into the inputs of my Scarlett 2i2 I hear this buzzing white noise regardless if the mx-1 is on or not. I don't hear it when I plug in other instruments to the Scarlett 2i2 which leads me to believe there must be some sort of issue with my connection from the MX-1 to Scarlett. I am using two separate unbalanced TRS cables, should I be using two balanced TRS cables?
rcmusic35

Re: Ground loop type hum MX-1 out to scarlett in

Post by rcmusic35 »

You should use TS cable (= mono, unbalanced). Not sure if it will solve your problem. Maybe try another outlet for your audiocard
Manic

Post by Manic »

I had kind of the same issue and fixed this by connecting a DI box with ground lift (altough just making the signal balanced helped enough already) directly on the main outputs of the mx-1.
evolveone

Post by evolveone »

After toying around with all the different ways to connect, I finally figured out the hum was due to the connection to a 3 port usb connector. once i connected the mx-1 to it's own usb port on the cpu the humming stopped.