AIRA compact suggestions

Forum for Aira
sl23

AIRA compact suggestions

Post by sl23 »

I just got an AIRA compact s-1 for my birthday recently :) it's a fabulous little box. Well worth the pocket money it sells for!

I just wanted to make some suggestions to Roland, hopefully they read this forum?

I for one would like more of these compacts. The forms of which are as follows...
1. All of the fx of the Mc707 in a compact with 4 ins and outs.
2. Something similar to the S-1, but with a fully functional Zen Core synth instead of the sh-101 clone.
3. Fully functional sampler with recording, full editing, plenty of storage and/or SD card slot. This would require better screens, sooo...
4. One of the worst things about the current line up is the screen. Start using small oled screens instead. The one on my akai mini plus is brilliant despite being so tiny. It far outshines the screens on these compacts.
branis

Re: AIRA compact suggestions

Post by branis »

I'd love to see a mixer in this format. I even made a wishful concept:

My S-1 is hopefully coming next week :)
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Great idea! I think they should move over to using small oled screens though. Those cryptic parameter names are way too confusing!
branis

Post by branis »

I couldn’t agree more
farrellart

Post by farrellart »

I love the mixer idea.

I recently dug out the MC-303 to use its arpeggio on the S-1. One thing the Boutiques, mc-101, and Aira miss is an end note loop mode. So if you are using the arpeggiator the last note doesn't overwrite the first note. The MC-303 has this and it's almost 30 years old. It can't be that hard to implement.