Tune per pad for tr-8

Forum for Aira
amos922

Tune per pad for tr-8

Post by amos922 »

Just got my Tr-8 and I love it!!! It better than I expected and I plan to have a lot of fun with it! I was Wondering was there a way in the box to tune note per pad in a step sequence? Let's say I want the kick drum too be tuned different at each hit..is it possible to record this or it it something you just have to do manually in a live performance?
cello

Re: Tune per pad for tr-8

Post by cello »

Cool! Welcome to RC :)

I was supposed to be collecting my TB-8 and TR-3 tomorrow but work means I won't get them til Saturday :(

I've had a quick look at the manual (such as it is) and can't see anything that confirms you can record (say) bass drum changes per step. It does say that INST-REC does not record the instrument settings, only the pad sequence.

So I would say (without trying it) that it looks like what you're describing is a live function. Happy to be proved wrong though!
amos922

Post by amos922 »

Yea I'm thinking you may be correct. I'm wondering if you then may be able to automate that inside a daw then?
FANTOMized

Post by FANTOMized »

It appears that Roland's goal was to try and capture as much of the true nature of the original 808/909 so it's highly unlikely that it's an ability that's hidden within the TR-8.

Would be nice if it could but I haven't seen anyway to do it.