Local off

Forum for Aira
magikroom

Local off

Post by magikroom »

ANy idea of how to stop the 'pads' of the TR-8 transmitting MIDI over USB? If I sync it up to Logic over usb, but then select another channel in logic, the TR-8 pattern will play sounds on that relevant channel. I've used a midi cable instead, just out from my mac to the in of the TR-8, but would prefer to use USB. Any ideas?
SepticUnderground

Re: Local off

Post by SepticUnderground »

pull the cable from the fysical midiportsobject in the enviroment Layer click and ports,
put the cable from tr-8 midiport into a monitor object you make yourself on that click & ports layer in the enviroment.
magikroom

Post by magikroom »

Ok, so do it in Logic environment?...tried to steer clear of that murky part of it, but will have a go. Thanks.
magikroom

Post by magikroom »

Ok, I have emailed Roland UK who suggested that I turn MIDI OFF by starting the TR-8 while pressing down PTN Select. When turning to OFF it still sends MIDI notes so when you change to a different channel in your DAW, it will play whatever sound is on that channel. Emailed them and they have tested and confirmed the bug:

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried this on our TR-8 here at Roland UK and can confirm we are experiencing the same issue. We will be sure to let Roland Japan know this and hopefully this will be an issue they can address in a future update to the TR-8.

In the meantime, if you are looking to stop this from happening I would suggest unselecting the TR-8 as a MIDI input device in the preferences of Logic X.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards
magikroom

Post by magikroom »

picked up the TB-3...unfortunately has the same issue.
amos922

Post by amos922 »

Not sure if you you use ableton but I just tried using a drum rack and it technically does the same thing, you can process each pad separately! Not sure why I didnt think of this in he first place!!!