TB-3 System Update Version 1.04

Forum for Aira
Ricoche

TB-3 System Update Version 1.04

Post by Ricoche »

[Version 1.04 ] Bug Fixes The following bug was fixed.
The sensitivity of the aftertouch differs depending on the touched position when the product is used in the XY PLAY mode or ENV MOD mode.

How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your TB-3 before downloading the archive file.
1. Hold down [ STEP REC ] button and [ REALTIME REC ] button, and switch on the power. The step number "1" of the 16-step indicators and the [PLAY/STOP] button blink.
2. Press the [PLAY/STOP] button. The current version is displayed with three digits on the display. ( For example: When Version 1.03 is used: you will see “103” )
3. After checking version of the product, power off the TB-3 without performing any button operation.
FX23

Re: TB-3 System Update Version 1.04

Post by FX23 »

I've got version 1.02
scorpio808

Post by scorpio808 »

anyone else having problems getting the tb3 to update? ive tried multiple times and followed the instructions. im wondering if i got a bad unit or if im doing something wrong. everything seems to work fine, i just cant get it to update to 1.04. im on a macbook running os 10.9
scorpio808

Post by scorpio808 »

nevermind. the pdf says press play/stop. the instructions on the website say to press the xy play button!
FX23

Post by FX23 »

i had to try a few times, i must of pressed the right button by accident.

now I'm on v1.04 though i can't tell any difference for my efforts
FX23

Post by FX23 »

would more cutoff and resonance range be updatable via usb?
db Looper

Post by db Looper »

I did the update from 1.02 to 1.04 this morning and the difference is spectacular!

Primarily the playability of the keyboard in live record is much better, and it transmits whatever you are playing much more accurately into the sequencer.

If you had any qualms or were disappointed in the touch keyboard I highly recommend doing the update.

I was kinda disappointed in it at first, but now I'm falling in love again!

ShaZaM!!!
cl516

Post by cl516 »

Then I imagine the older OS must have been a lot worse, because for me, 1.04 still has tons of trouble doing realtime rec properly. Mind you, most of the time I'd do step rec, but it'd be nice if the unit could at least register a simple 8th note sequence properly in realtime rec, which mine does not.
db Looper

Post by db Looper »

cl516 wrote:Then I imagine the older OS must have been a lot worse, because for me, 1.04 still has tons of trouble doing realtime rec properly. Mind you, most of the time I'd do step rec, but it'd be nice if the unit could at least register a simple 8th note sequence properly in realtime rec, which mine does not.
That is a bummer! It sounds like the problem I was having before the update. Maybe try it again? We'll eventually work out the kinks.
scorpio808 wrote:anyone else having problems getting the tb3 to update? ive tried multiple times and followed the instructions. im wondering if i got a bad unit or if im doing something wrong. everything seems to work fine, i just cant get it to update to 1.04. im on a macbook running os 10.9
A bad unit is possible. It is also possible to completely destroy and delete the contents of the unit on accident if you turn it off while updating. And they also give a couple other specific warnings like that for use.

BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!
xor

Post by xor »

cl516 wrote:Then I imagine the older OS must have been a lot worse, because for me, 1.04 still has tons of trouble doing realtime rec properly. Mind you, most of the time I'd do step rec, but it'd be nice if the unit could at least register a simple 8th note sequence properly in realtime rec, which mine does not.

Same problem here. No any difference before/after update re. realtime rec. Also aftertouch sensitivity is unequal - higher at the top, lower closer to the bottom. Should I bring this unit back? Also I've got PSU labeled as VT3 insted TB3 with mine but I guess they are the same so hardly that can be a problem....
goldonline13

Post by goldonline13 »

Ought to gain battles as a way around means.