Backing TB-3 patterns onto computer?

Forum for Aira
iix

Backing TB-3 patterns onto computer?

Post by iix »

Hi there,

Although this is my first post as "iix", I used to be a member under the name "iixorbiusii" but that account seems to have been deleted ;-)

Anyway, I've just recently picked up a TB-3 and although I have had hardly any time to use it yet, I am wondering whether it is possible to back the user generated patterns up on my PC ? I can't see any obvious way to do this.

Does anyone know if it's possible, or like the '303, are the patterns trapped in the unit itself?

Cheers.

iix.
cello

Re: Backing TB-3 patterns onto computer?

Post by cello »

Hi iixorbiusii - welcome back :)

TB-3 like the TR-8, can't export the patterns as such. It holds them on the unit but not quite 'saved' - they are there until you overwrite the patterns.

For both units, the only way I can figure to 'save' patterns for re-use is to hook them up to a DAW or a workstation like the fantom and capture them that way.

The downside of course is that you need to hook the units back up to the DAW/Fantom to re-use these 'saved' patterns.
iix

Re: Backing TB-3 patterns onto computer?

Post by iix »

Hi Cello,

Thanks for a quick reply!!

That's a bit of a shame, but possibly something Roland might address one day?

I had a TB303 for 15 years (and foolishly parted with it 6 years ago!). I made up a system to manually write down patterns I wanted to keep and I've still got the documents somewhere. I guess I should be able to use the same format for recording notes, accents, slides, transpositions etc on each step if a pattern becomes a 'must keep' !!

Actually I think I will hunt down my old '303 sheets because in theory, the steps I recorded on paper back then should work with the TB-3....

Cheers.
Steve.