TR8 - Got it, using it, loving it, improve it ?

Forum for Aira
Happy

TR8 - Got it, using it, loving it, improve it ?

Post by Happy »

Even before knowing the sounds were from a TR-808, I loved that sound. No money for a TR-808. Rushed to the store to pick the last TR-8 in stock. It's hot and this is not in the US or Europe, but Taiwan! TR-8 is a gift from heaven. Are there actually Roland folks reading these forums? How to get to them all those messages voiced by so many people on so many different forums, web-sites reviews, youtube posts and comments with suggestions for changes Open a shared google doc? Is there any Roland contact? Iv'e got a list of issues to address also (will post later i this thread). P.S: Should the Aira forum not split and make a section specific for VT-3,TB-3,TR-8 and System 1 ?
db Looper

Re: TR8 - Got it, using it, loving it, improve it ?

Post by db Looper »

Dude! I Love your enthusiasm!

I got the -8 and the -3 and they are awesome together! The hours fly by in electro bliss!

The more you learn the sounds, the more you'll hear them in music all over the place. You can even play your favorite song on it!

Not sure if any of the mods or someone PM'd you, but I do not know if there is a direct roland presence on here. There are definitely amazing people with knowledge beyond belief that use all levels of roland gear on the forums, and I'm sure roland has some awareness of it. But it is an all around great resource.

I suggested a google doc for expanding the manuals and naming the sound banks and scatter settings on another thread, but the best option is to prolly just do it.

And until all 4 aira products become more common and the forums expands, it's probably fine to keep them all in one forum group. Not a bad idea though!

For problems/issues/suggestions/wishes, I think we should start a new thread that could work for all the units. It should be pretty concise, especially if we want roland to get it. Maybe something like....

____________________________________________________________________________________
UNIT & FIRMWARE: tb-3, 1.04

ISSUE/PROBLEM/WISH: my tb only makes fart noises.

EXPLAIN IN DEPTH: Blah blah blah, it makes fart noises on every sound........so on and so forth

DOES IT HAPPEN ALWAYS?: yes

OTHER: Blah....
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe something like that!

Anyhow, stay stoked and keep playing!

db Looper

you can find me chilling out on MIDI channel 17.........