Got the TB 3, It's so pleasant to work with!

Forum for Aira
Macska

Got the TB 3, It's so pleasant to work with!

Post by Macska »

I never owned the original 303 so I can't speak for it, but every virtual plugin version of it I tried on my PC gave me a headache to learn programming. It was a mess. I even got a bit frustrated in Rebirth a few times.

But I knew I wanted to use one, and now with this TB 3 My ears are on an acid trip like never before!

I didn't have to read any documentation or anything! I just plug it in, and start making grooves. It's so easy :) there hasn't been a moment of me being held back from creativity by a learning curve. This thing is a breeze to use, probably the most straightforward turn it on and create device I've ever used.

I am very pleased with what Roland did here. If you have been hesitating to get one, get in your car and go buy one now!

Plus it looks so darn cool sitting on top of my Jupiter 50. Thanks for a great product Roland!
Macska

Re: Got the TB 3, It's so pleasant to work with!

Post by Macska »

One problem I just encountered, and it isn't a big deal- it seems like the TB makes ASIO4ALL go haywire when I try to add it as an audio input. I just get "ASIO4ALL V2 Not Connected" When I turn the TB inputs on, and then when I turn it off all is back to normal.

Does anyone else experience this? I can always plug in through the more traditional way with cables, but USB is nice to keep my studio clean.
magikroom

Post by magikroom »

Yes, it's because it is fixed at 96khz. When selecting as an input, it will change the sample rate to 96khz and if your soundcard doesn't work in that, then it's not going to work. Hopefully they will introduce 44.1 48k option later.
Macska

Post by Macska »

Ah I see, that makes sense then. Thanks for the info!

I have an interface that can support that, but I wasn't using it last night. I'll have to do that for now I suppose.

I synced the TB to Ableton last night and was triggering some acid loops with a launchpad and before I knew it I stayed awake way to long haha! This thing is too much fun.