roland system 1 polyphony

Forum for Aira
Redrain

roland system 1 polyphony

Post by Redrain »

Hi

roland say for system 1 mode 4 note of polyphony but here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvUySRFyHY

the man say 4 note paraphonic mode with 1 nonophonic filter...(see at min. 2.00)

what is the truth ?

thank you

roberto
cello

Re: roland system 1 polyphony

Post by cello »

Well, my System-1 has 4 note polyphony
Redrain

Post by Redrain »

cello wrote:Well, my System-1 has 4 note polyphony

So it have one filter for one voice...4 in total !

Thank you
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

cello wrote:Well, my System-1 has 4 note polyphony
C'mon Cello, tell us how is the System-1 overall? ;-)
Redrain

Post by Redrain »

+1
cello

Post by cello »

lol :)

Okay - first things first; I am not the type of musician that the Aira range is aimed at. It is designed for Dance/DJ/live types. It is not designed for studio work - this is an important first step to understand the whole Aira range.

That said...

The System-1 is a powerful wee synth. Being able to directly influence sounds through knobs and sliders is fab. The key action is not what I like in that I'm used to aftertouch, velocity etc - the keys are simple on/offs and have a very square design that I actually like because immediately I know it's a different type of keyboard.

Filters are so smooth - it's a tweaker's paradise. I have got crazy (ie unplanned!) sounds just through twiddling.

Sound quality excellent. Build quality very good. All knobs and sliders are responsive and smooth.

Filter and amp envelope are great as is the pitch envelope which when combined with arp with portamento results in the most amazing mix of ambient and techno! Waveforms are distinct and clear - the super-square and super-triangle is great to add to the mix along with the Sub Osc.

Biggest pain however is only 8 slots for memory :( However I do have to remind myself that this unit is designed for the dance/DJ world - not mine. Can't see it changing as there are no hardware options to be able to expand this approach.

I'm looking forward to the SH-101 plugout which is released on July 25th and comes free. It is said there will be other plugouts made available probably for a charge.

I have the TR-8, TB-3 and the System-1 - they compliment each other really well although I am using them in ways they were probably not designed for - which I see as a good thing as it shows how versatile these units can be. For example I am doing a 7/4 and 5/4 piece at the moment with offset beats and it's really easy to achieve. The sound versatility particularly of the System-1 are excellent and overall I am very happy with it.

I can see why it won't be for everyone but I recommend the System-1 due to the fine and easy sound creation possibilities (truly huge), albeit that you can't save any more than 8 sounds (onboard - I believe on the PC plugin you can save more sounds). I just take moby photos of the settings so I can go back to previous sounds if required.

I like it :)
Redrain

Post by Redrain »

Great

thank you

yes, I like it because I think I can have, in live situations, a very good and portable sound (leaving my Andromeda at home).

8 memory slot ? I think this : the system one is not a synth for 1000 sound, so I can have 2 slot for a bass basic sound, 3 for a lead sound, 2 for pads, 1 free !, the synth is so easy, 1 to 1 controls so I can customize the sound on the fly in a live gig (i I want more preset I can use the Kronos, v-synth, JD990 etc).

thank you again
FANTOMized

Post by FANTOMized »

cello wrote:lol :)

Okay - first things first; I am not the type of musician that the Aira range is aimed at. It is designed for Dance/DJ/live types. It is not designed for studio work - this is an important first step to understand the whole Aira range.
This is the key to making effective use of the AIRA products.
Redrain

Post by Redrain »

Redrain wrote:+1
My friend tested it and yes the polyphony is 4 but the filter is one.
So every key you press the filter is re triggered and so is 1 filter paraphonic.