Plug-out Plugin?

Forum for Aira
Macska

Plug-out Plugin?

Post by Macska »

I watched a video on the System 1 today and noticed the demo mentioned that the SH 101 was a standalone VST plugin that could be saved to the System 1.

So this means I can have some of System 1 without the System 1? That's great! I'd love to still be able to use the plugins with a midi controller and get those sounds.

Another thing this made me wonder- does anyone know if there is a different format for Plug-out that goes to the System 1 and the VST plugin like SH 101 vst itself? It makes me think someone who enjoys programming could create versions of existing soft synths that could be made portable in the System 1. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to carry something simple like Wollo Drone or maybe even more complex things like NI Massive around!
cello

Re: Plug-out Plugin?

Post by cello »

Can't answer your format question however your query re getting the SH-101 on it's own is not correct.

Only people who have bought the System-1 get the download codes (comes as a voucher included in the box). Roland have confirmed that the SH-101 plugout won't be available for sale - so the only way you can get the SH-101 is to buy the System-1.
Macska

Post by Macska »

Ah I see. I hadn't researched it much and was thinking they would sell it individually. I suppose that it makes since because for the price of a few of those VSTs alone I imagine one would go ahead and buy the synth to get them all.

Unless they are offering other ones for sale in the future without the System 1 being required? Then I feel like SH 101 would be released that way too. Maybe they'll do that after the excitement dies down and they want to cash in one last time on the development.

It's looking cool either way!
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

I thought this was interesting.
This was copied and pasted from the Roland blog page
There are more points of interest on the page but this info was pretty exciting.

"3. SH-101 Is The First

Our first PLUG-OUT will be the SH-101, and will emulate the original Roland SH-101. As stated above, it will be able to run on a Windows or Mac computer as a typical plug-in – without the need for any external hardware assistance. The SH-101 will be available exclusively to people who purchase the SYSTEM-1 – and for FREE!
PG-SH-101 PLUG-OUT

4. More On The Way

More PLUG-OUT titles will be announced in the coming months. Know this, unlike the SH-101, future titles will be available for all to purchase and utilize. A SYSTEM-1 purchase is not needed to run the future PLUG-OUTS" that are released.

http://www.rolandus.com/blog/2014/07/24 ... more-12027