Aira updates.

Forum for Aira
Tom_1970

Aira updates.

Post by Tom_1970 »

On Roland.com there are now updates available for the TR-8, TB-3 and VT-3.
Jan_nl

Re: Aira updates.

Post by Jan_nl »

SonicState has a nice video explaining the features of the updates and the SH101.
I love what Roland is doing with the AIRA series, and I am looking forward to any future additions (hopefully including an AIRA V-synth?).
Andychild

Post by Andychild »

Love the updates. But how do you use them. Can't find out anywhere how you can assign a patch to a pattern on the TB3 or how to use many of the others. Can anyone help.
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

There is also a document with the changes on the Roland site.
Andychild

Post by Andychild »

Tom_1970 wrote:There is also a document with the changes on the Roland site.
Thanks for the quick reply. The only docs I can find list the new features, but don't tell you how to use them or have I missed the document that you are talking about?
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

When you go to the download page you find download links to both the new system program and the document
Here is a link for the TB-3:

http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/down ... v110en.pdf
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

I must say that the only real weak point of the whole Aira series is the documentation, which is crap...
well...in my opinion. ;-)
cello

Post by cello »

Jan_nl wrote:...(hopefully including an AIRA V-synth?).
I think the V is too complex for the System-1 given the hardware limitations - a Juno-106 however would be excellent :)
Andychild

Post by Andychild »

Tom_1970 wrote:I must say that the only real weak point of the whole Aira series is the documentation, which is crap...
Excellent thank you.....
cello

Post by cello »

Tom_1970 wrote:I must say that the only real weak point of the whole Aira series is the documentation, which is crap...
Agreed - it's poor. There are many 'under the hood' elements that the manual doesn't mention for the TR-8 for example.

Otherwise however - it's a great series. I like how Roland is being inspired by the past but applying their digital know-how to make it all into something different, better, creative.
Macska

Post by Macska »

Yeah the documents leave a lot to be desired...

If I understand this TB 3 update properly it's been real useful to me since I downloaded it. I feel like I have more freedom and the TB isn't so locked into itself anymore. That was one limit that would make me a little bored with it every now and then but now I feel like it has as much freedom as any of my gear.

Like I have more control over the Accent and Slide while hooking it up to my DAW and controlling other bass sounds I made on Integra or Massive.

If you own a TB 3 and Massive, hook them up. NOW!

And I think you're right Cello, I bet we see a Juno 106 on System 1 soon. That would increase temptation. I mean the Juno was so simple how could they not take advantage of it?
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

There are many 'under the hood' elements that the manual doesn't mention for the TR-8 for example
True!
It's a pity, because I think the Aira is a brilliant step of Roland.
In general you can say I am not really the target for these products since I am not a performer, but a studio musician, but though the Aira instruments seem to aim at live performers I find them extremely useful in my studio and so much fun to use.

Initially I only wanted to buy the TR-8, bur for the price my wife thought that the TB-3 could be a lot of fun.
With this update I think the TB-3 is a lot more useful in a studio environment.

I am not sure about the System-1.
I do like the concept of the plugout system, but I am also saving money for a FA-06 and a Prophet 12.

I hope I can play the System-1 in the near future in a shop.
Jan_nl

Post by Jan_nl »

cello wrote:
Jan_nl wrote:...(hopefully including an AIRA V-synth?).
I think the V is too complex for the System-1 given the hardware limitations - a Juno-106 however would be excellent :)
I was thinking more in terms of a new physical addition to the AIRA series when I mentioned the V-synth.
But whether it's AIRA or a new workstation further developing the VP9000/V-synth tech, there are MANY musicians who would love to see Roland pick up that particular technology.

The good thing is that in spite of the disappointing financial results over the past years and the unresponsiveness of Roland in the past, this new AIRA line and the way Roland now actually pays attention to the feedback of their customers shows a company which is revitalizing itself, and that's a good sign.
Macska

Post by Macska »

Jan_nl wrote:the way Roland now actually pays attention to the feedback of their customers
Yeah I think this is a wonderful sign. First we finally got a windows editor for Integra and now they took a list of features everyone asked them about and made a major update.
amos922

Post by amos922 »

Im updating my tr8 as we speak and it has been updating for over half an hour now. The currents pads lit up are the "TR-REC" "PTN-SELECT" "LT" "PAD 3" "PAD 16". Im not sure if I mised something but I dont know why it should take this long. Should I restart the unit?