Adding SH-101 Plug Out without uisng DAW?

Forum for Aira
holewczynski

Adding SH-101 Plug Out without uisng DAW?

Post by holewczynski »

While I use Reason for my DAW, it obviously doesn't utilitize VSTs.

So, am I screwed in trying to add the SH-1-1 plug out to my System 1?

I downloaded Reaper and while it sees the 101 VST, it tells me it can add it to a track, so I can't seem to try it out or authorize the plug-in.

I don't think Roland's documentation on the plug out is very clear.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated!
Roland RAZZ

Re: Adding SH-101 Plug Out without uisng DAW?

Post by Roland RAZZ »

Are you sure you need a DAW? Why can't it just load as self contained VSTi like the Arturia or NI stuff?
cello

Post by cello »

Yes, you need a DAW to install and authorise the plugout.

I have SONAR X3 (although never use it) but I was able to use it to get the SH-101 installed on the System-1. However, the options button doesn't work on the VST so I can't authorise it :-/ I've raised it with Roland UK tech support - no reply yet.

I believe it is only supported by DAWs that support VST3 - I'm no expert but I'm told most DAWs are VST2. I've read of some folks downloading a demo of Cubase simply to install the plugout - maybe you can go that route?
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

I am having the same issue. I want to try the SH-101 plugout but no go. I am downloading Cubase as we speak. hope it works.
cello

Post by cello »

Make sure you get the SH-101 plugout update - v1.01. It is compliant with more DAWs. I have now been able to activate mine in SONAR X3.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Finally got it! I had upgraded to Sonar X3 and used that as my host. The SH-101 plug-out is Great! I Am so impressed with the ACB that Roland is offering and hope it gets integrated into a future synth Monster that will replace the Jupiter-80??? Not that I am getting rid of my Jupiter-80! The System-1 and the SH-101 Plugout are making me very happy!