TR-8 Heaphone socket hum?

Forum for Aira
dan5645

TR-8 Heaphone socket hum?

Post by dan5645 »

Hi,

I have just purchased a TR-8, and would be massively grateful if anyone could check this on their own TR-8 and reply.

I am noticing a very low but audible electrical humming noise coming from the headphones out socket (when using headphones - I'm not trying to use this as an output to an audio interface!). When I switch the mode button from TR-REC to PATTERN SELECT I can hear the hum shift in pitch.

The sound out of the main stereo outputs to my sound card is clean - when turned up extremely loud through my audio interface gain I can hear the same hum, but so low, so this is not an issue - I would expect something like this at very high gain increase.

Does anyone else's TR-8 produce a similar hum from the headphone socket? It is constant and the volume of the hum does not change with adjustments to the volume knob (it is present regardless of volume setting). It is audible when sequencer playback is engaged - very quiet, but audible enough for me to identify that the hum shifts in tone (when switching from TR-REC to PATTERN SELECT) by a minor third interval!

I am keen to know if all of the TR-8s do this, or if I should be sending it back for replacement? While not wishing to be overly fussy, for £379 I would like a machine in perfect working condition.

Any replies would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Dan