Scooper module 1st impressions + bugs and firmware suggestio

Forum for Aira
an3

Scooper module 1st impressions + bugs and firmware suggestio

Post by an3 »

SCOOPER bugs & suggestions:

I got my scooper last friday, one of the few that is/was actually for sale online here in the netherlands.

1st of amazing size and ok build (id expected the knobs to have a bit more weight).

i ran into some small things:
the information on how what works is Flimsy. some answers can be found on the q&a of the Japanese site, but translated from Japanese is (well u know roland manuals ) not really clear

Midi sync:
WITH no cable connected the sync feature: 'aka from usb midi to Scooper looper’ is not working or it is not clear 4 me how it works.
Also the sync trig. light is not working when usb midi to sync is used (or this means the sync is not working):
So if it is not implemented (the trig sync led blinkin with usb sync) adding this an update this would be nice to add

Looper:
looper is super basic it is ok, one thing that is a bummer is the loop not adjusting to a new tempo also there is no remote control (cv or midi for that matter) that is a shame i was hoping for a smalle rec / play / stop cv / midi control: would be nice if they could add this

Looping from ur computer would also be a cool feature, kind of expected that (whats in a word .. modular :) )

Midi:
there is no midi response, there are however usb audio channels that u can record: havent tried it yet, but i was surprised to see the complex structure of having 8 audiobusses, again it is not explained except on this site:http://www.roland.co.jp/support/by_prod ... e/63206651

they talk about 6 grf channels & 1 stereo audio channel. but there are actually 10, soo what is 3/4 for ?
UPDATE: 3/4 is input with no looper 1/2 is input + looper: THis is weird: sicne 1.05 there is an overdub function, this overdub function has a permanent audio in thru: that is fine, BUT with overdub off. the input sound is cut off from the moment u record a loop: this makes no sense why not have the input sound cut at all times, when overdub is OFF, u can always patch the input directly to the output in the modular customizer

Samplerate:
the 96000 kHz only : :( :( sucks when u make an aggregated device in os x with a different clock source

Scatter effect:
The scatter effect only works when u ve recorded a loop, would love to see it working just with the input signal

Inputlevel;

the input level is really low, having a line out from a mic pre amp into the scooper, levels are too low

-----------
colena

Re: Scooper module 1st impressions + bugs and firmware sugge

Post by colena »

I have basically the same comments , i think it's cool but I would like to use the filter and pitch without sampling audio and just running stuff through. I actually did it the first night i had it but I can't figure out what I did lol . There needs to be better info on this piece especially with the midi , to say there is a scarce amount of support resources on the modules is an understatement.