I give up - System 1m

Forum for Aira
peteone

I give up - System 1m

Post by peteone »

Maaaaann...i am at the point where i want to throw 1m out of the window...Ive been having so many problems with this unit..drivers are updated btw. reset was done too

So here is whats going on,

I have an aggregate device set up on Mac ..set up is as follows - motu828mk3>>motu828mk2>>TR8>>TB3>>system1m
(firewire <> firewire) usb usb usb

I use live as DAW,, Just want to point out that this actually worked at some point but now its just not..

Problem is that as soon as system 1m gets on the aggregated devices list, I get no sound from the whole chain...

Is 1m driver seriously this bad, or is there something wrong with yosemite i just have no idea how to fix this anymore. Tried reinstalling all the drivers, also removing them reinstalling. Nothing works as soon as 1m is "activated" thats it.... HELP!
roadtek

Re: I give up - System 1m

Post by roadtek »

Hi, sorry to hear that...

http://www.roland.com/support/knowledge_base/201920319

Did you build the aggregated device as described above?

What OS is your Mac running on? Mine is tha latest official Release... not beta.

There may be a need to sort the aggregated devices and make your main Audio Interface the first in the row...
Did you enable all your needed audio Ins and Outs within your DAW?

I have an aggregated device built from MX-1, Tr-8 and System-1m.. It took me two attempts to get it running.
Now the only thing I have to take care about is that all devices are powered up before I launch my DAW.
That is to make sure that the aggregated device is completly mapped within the DAW..

Hope this helps a bit

Oliver
magikroom

Post by magikroom »

What have you got set as the master? In Audio/Midi, set your interface as master, then for the others in you aggregate list, make sure "drift correction" is selected...this will force them to follow your main interface...also allows you to work at different sample rates.
roadtek

Post by roadtek »

I have my MX-1 set as a Master.
I am running the complete setup at one rate 96 khz. That might be a difference in the way we get handle our equipment.
I am not too happy about this. From time to time I get some crackling noise. I guess this is due to the high rate.

As soon as I am home I will post a screenshot of my Audio Setup.

regards

Oliver
roadtek

Post by roadtek »

Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-26 um 17.32.36.png
Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-26 um 17.32.36.png (131.13 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-26 um 17.33.25.png
Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-26 um 17.33.25.png (60.98 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
For the sake of it I switched to 44.1 within the MX-1 and the drift control and Core Audio matches the rates.
It is as CPU heavy as leaving everything on 96 khz...

The sound starts to crackle if the cpu load exceeds 70%....
This is not what I expected...

Again, how do windows users handle this setup?

regards

Oliver
peteone

Post by peteone »

Hi guys, Im not in my studio now so I cant take a screenshot but.

My aggregate chain is as follows:

828mk3 [firewire to mac] - (word out) no drift correction
828mk2 [firewire to mk3] - (word in) no drift correction
tr8 - USB to hub - drift correction applied
tb3 - USB to hub - drift correction applied
system 1m - USB to hub - drift correction applied

there are no drift correction for motus as hardware takes control over it.
roadtek

Post by roadtek »

The short test I made with this kind of setup made me go back to the non aggregated setup..
It is a bit less cpu intensive.

I hooked up the Aira devices directly on the mx-1 and use that on a 96 khz only base and within ableton I assign the connected USB ports as external audio devices.

buffer size is set back to 256... and it is more crackle free than with the aggregated setup...
Core audio uses only 4& CPU as there is no sample rate conversion necessary.

But again, the system-1m runs well within my setup..
peteone

Post by peteone »

yeah and normally I would be ok with a setup like that if I had mx1 and use aira product exclusively

- but I need way more inputs I currently have 20 analog inputs through both motus.

There is something not right with system1m drivers ...tr8 and tb3 ones are fine they work ok
roadtek

Post by roadtek »

The only none aira devices I use are ableton vst plug ins and some guitars that I record.. but you are right, it might be technically easier to be able to use the mx-1...

Could it be that your USB Hub cannot handle the System-1?
Is there a chance you try to connect it directly to your mac and see if that makes a difference?
I use a moderatly priced external powered d-link usb 2.0 hub...

regards

Oliver
peteone

Post by peteone »

Ill try powering it up now I actually have D link hub as well , i just never used it with the power adapter..lets see
peteone

Post by peteone »

no difference
peteone

Post by peteone »

gave up not using usb on system 1m - straight outs to analog ins on my sound card and midi

whatever won't cary about it anymore
roadtek

Post by roadtek »

That leaves another conclusion unchecked...
I would replace my System-1m...
At least check this. I would not want a device that malfunctions... Even if there is a workaround now...

Just my 2 cents

regards
Tekbehr

Post by Tekbehr »

I just got the System-1m. I have had a System-1 for over a year. I am having the issue of not being able to load any plug-out (SH-101, System-100, System-1). I have no problem loading the plug-outs into the System-1. I have properly install the latest OS (1.3) for both the System-1 and the System-1m, but still cannot load any plug-out into the System-1m.

I am using Apple's LOGIC Express 9, running on MacOS 10.10.5.

I have noticed that when I plug in or unplug the 1m, the audio output changes. When I connect the System-1m, the Output Device switches to: System-1m, and I hear nothing, until I do the following:

Go to Preferences, Audio, and check what the Output is set to. If you want to hear the output on your computer, the Output Device should be set to: Built-in Output.
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

Tekbehr wrote:I just got the System-1m. I have had a System-1 for over a year. I am having the issue of not being able to load any plug-out (SH-101, System-100, System-1). I have no problem loading the plug-outs into the System-1....

(SNIPPED)
Why in the world are you spamming this forum with the same post over and over again? Especially when you posted the same thing two days ago, got replies, and couldn't be bothered to respond to them, let alone stay in the thread you already created?