question about using tb-3 within ableton

Forum for Aira
chalkyg

question about using tb-3 within ableton

Post by chalkyg »

Hello there!

I've got a query about how to record and playback automation from the tb-3 within ableton.

Firstly, my setup is PC with a MOTU audio express soundcard running ableton suite 32-bit. I have connected the Tb-3 to ableton as an external instrument via USB and MIDI in/out connections, everything fine so far. I have then loaded up the TB-3 by protonica max for live device which is automatically picked the the tb-3 mappings. From here I am able to record automation via the controls on the TB-3 into ableton.

However,

As soon as I go to play back the recorded automation, the re-enable automation arrow goes record and the recorded automation gets greyed out. Everytime I click the arrow to re-enable it immediately goes back to red again. I tried similar max for live devices but the same problem keeps occurring. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Charlie
Timbeaux

Re: question about using tb-3 within ableton

Post by Timbeaux »

I think you have to have clicked the overdub mode (the plus next to play button) , so it is activated. otherwise it could help if you look into the settings(record/automation settings) in prefferences. Ofc it is fixable.