TR-8 Scale button

Forum for Aira
Spazoo

TR-8 Scale button

Post by Spazoo »

I have two TR-8 units both running version 1.1.2 operating system and I can't figure out why the behavior of the Scale button is not the same on both units.

On one of the units I can cycle through the scales by pressing the Scale button.

On the other unit pressing the Scale button does not change the scale. Instead I have to hold the Scale button and turn the Tempo dial to change the scale.

Anyone have any ideas why the units are not behaving the same way?

Thanks.
Nig

Re: TR-8 Scale button

Post by Nig »

You can change this behaviour in the setup mode, press scale and it will cycle between the two modes. If it's lit, then it will only change via the tempo knob.

http://airainfo.org/files/tr-8_cheatsheet.pdf

HTH
Spazoo

Post by Spazoo »

thanks for the info. i must have changed it on my original TR-8 and forgot about it.
Spazoo

Post by Spazoo »

interesting... when i enter setup mode i can change all of the settings except the Scale mode. the button is unlit and pressing it does nothing on this new TR-8.

my older TR-8 works fine. when i check the version numbers they both units display 112.
Nig

Post by Nig »

Weird. Have you tried a factory reset on that unit? Just make sure you back anything up if you do tho' as it will put the default patterns back on it.
Spazoo

Post by Spazoo »

it's a brand new unit ordered from sweetwater. when i took it out of the box yesterday and it already had the latest OS installed. i tried a factory reset as you suggested and that didn't help.

any more ideas?
Nig

Post by Nig »

Just a thought, do you have the 7x7 option installed on your original unit? Wonder if that option is only available with that?
Spazoo

Post by Spazoo »

yes, i have installed on the original unit. and it's not installed on the new unit. i'll install it on the new unit and see if that makes a difference.
Spazoo

Post by Spazoo »

ok, that solved it.

i activated the 7x7 upgrade and i am now able to change the Scale button mode.

thanks much.