Strange issue happening with MX1 and Ableton

Forum for Aira
Mark76

Strange issue happening with MX1 and Ableton

Post by Mark76 »

Hi all

I've recently noticed a very strange issue when playing Ableton through my MX1 (running External mode)

I can't seem to preview/monitor any external MIDI data or internal intruments unless I hit the start button on the MX1. If I hit the keys on my A49 Controller the notes won't play properly unless I start the MX1 sequencer, then it sounds fine

The strange thing is, the monitoring works perfectly when Ableton is running on it's own, yet as soon as I switch on the MX1 (this is even before I even set it up in Ableton preferences), this thing happens.

It's almost like it's running some sort of global filter or slicer type effect. The note sounds very very briefly but sound 'gated' like it's got some sort of cut off applied to it.

Any ideas? Is this normal? I'm sure there must be some sort of set up issue but I can't seem to get to the bottom of it.
ladymaverick

Re: Strange issue happening with MX1 and Ableton

Post by ladymaverick »

I am having the exact same issue except I am using Push as a my midi controller...
zman03

Post by zman03 »

Same here, mx-1 is my audio device. System-1 as midi controller
MulaboXL

Post by MulaboXL »

I had the same problem...

MX-1 as the sound card with TR8 midied to it and Ableton as the DAW.

Do not make the MX-1 as the master. If Ableton is the master clock then its ok. What you play on Push will sound.
Mark76

Post by Mark76 »

I think I've foun a work around on this also.

If you are using the MX1 as the master clock, switch off the EXT button in Ableton and you should be able to preview the sounds without the MX1 running

Obviously you'll need to switch it back on again if you want the MX1 start/stop to sync with Ableton