Roland MX1 no sound

Forum for Aira
Robert Scozzese

Roland MX1 no sound

Post by Robert Scozzese »

Hello everyone,

This is my first post.

Recently my Roland MX1 has no sound from the headphones nor the outputs R/L. I have all the Aira gear connected via usb and the outputs L/R going into a digital recorder so that I can record my live work.

Everything was going well until I pressed the start button on the MX1 and I heard nothing. I have tried unplugging all the Aira via usb and used a jack lead mono from the tb3 into one of the channels that accept the phono on the MX directly into the aria gear 1 by 1 to eliminate the Issue. Pressing the master on the MX and no green bouncing lights appear. Nothing has changed from my last session, so I don't understand why I am not getting any sound.

I've tried my iPad using a mini stereo cable 5/6, which I know works as I have done many times before and nothing.

I have tried my back up from the computer. I was tempted to re-install the ver 104 to see if perhaps there is an internal OS issue but Roland says not to install if the up to date version is already installed. So I refused unless someone else has tried this?

If it makes any difference I also plugged in the unit to another wall outlet with the iPad. I have also tried factory reset.

My headphones have been connected directly into my iPad and it works.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as look after my equipment.

Robert
Phat Kontroler

Re: Roland MX1 no sound

Post by Phat Kontroler »

Have you solved the problem?
Very possibly you have the MX1 in EXT mode.
Robert Scozzese

Re: Roland MX1 no sound

Post by Robert Scozzese »

Thanks for the reply PK,

I took it back to my music dealer 10 days ago and recieved it back yesterday. They could not give me an explanation as to why I had no sound as it was under warranty. Not sure why though as it would be nice to know if this ever happens again, which I hope not.

I have been doing online searching about balanced and unbalanced cables. I thought maybe I was using speaker cable instead of instrument/patch leads but it looks like I am using the correct cables. I have this connected to the outputs of the mixer to the inputs of the recorder.

Cheers

Robert