Which plug out is better to start with

Forum for Aira
NickZoll

Which plug out is better to start with

Post by NickZoll »

Hi guys,

I'm new here. Approx one year ago I purchaised TB3, had many concerns before and the sound quality revealed them. Recently I was thinking of getting System-1 or Korg minilogue, had concerns again since the second is a real analogue for the same price. Went to music store to try and got System-1 since in my opinion this sounds mach better. Now I want to buy one of plug outs (I'm not a banker and can't afford all of them). Which one would you recommend to try first?
BTW is the sh 101 still free of charge for System-1 users?

Thanks,
Andrey
jerry_merry

Re: Which plug out is better to start with

Post by jerry_merry »

Its all down to taste. Personally I like the System 100 and the Pro-Mars. You can of course demo them all free of charge. Also the SH-101 is no longer free - unless you are into Piracy. (but of course this is not something I support or condone)
NickZoll

Post by NickZoll »

I was thinking of system 100 as well but I have system 1 which means I can't use modulation options. Maybe promars could be an option.
teabee

Post by teabee »

Personally i'd go for the 101 or the promars.
The 100 is nice too, has a lot of features, but sounds a bit lazy/slow for my taste.

It kindof depends on what type of music you want to make.
101 and promars have pretty fast envelopes and clean filter. Very good for (90s) techno and dance music in general. The bass sounds are incredible. Sits in the mix like they were born that way.
The 100 is a little more classic and works better for less tight music. It has the most character of the plug-outs and sounds pretty warm overall. Lots of synthesis options like filter FM and ring modulation which the others don't have.
The SH-2 is also nice and has a 70's character but has less features than the system 100 (but is cheaper).

I would also advice you to try them out because they may be heavy on the cpu.
NickZoll

Post by NickZoll »

I mostly do oldschool ebm/electro-industrial type music. I noticed that sound of system one itself fits very well.
By the time I have installed demo of system 100 and yes envelopes are not as fast as I want, but fikter sounds pretty good and I like the oldstyle phaser. Will also try 101 and promars. Thank you for the advice.