System1M and Plug out Modular Options

Forum for Aira
vestan_pance

System1M and Plug out Modular Options

Post by vestan_pance »

I've been watching on youtube where folk have been taking advantage of the modular patch points when using the System1M and the SH101 plug out - but when I try to use my plugged out SH101, the modular lights don't light - so I can't use CV/Gate or any of the other connections - they only come available when I'm using the native System1M - any ideas?
jerry_merry

Re: System1M and Plug out Modular Options

Post by jerry_merry »

Have you tried pushing the mono button for the system1M to use the CV points?
vestan_pance

Post by vestan_pance »

Yes thanks for the reply - pressed the mono button but the patch points don't light up unfortunately.
jerry_merry

Post by jerry_merry »

Hi Again. I usually just leave my System 100 plugout permanently plugged out to my System 1M. This morning I plugged out the SH-101. As soon as the plugout loaded the available CV points lit up and they work (tested them with Aira EFX units). So are you sure you have the latest OS on the System 1? Does the plugout fully function apart from the CV issue?
vestan_pance

Post by vestan_pance »

Thanks Jerry. The plug out does fully function - although having said that - it doesn't work well in Cubase 8.5 on my Mac (it always says 'activating' each time I load cubase, and the GUI doesn't work in Cubase - I have to use Logic to get the plug out plugged out).

I also believe that my System1 is on the latest software, but I'll check.

The one thing which is nagging at the back of my mind is that I got the Sh-101 when I purchased my original System 1 (not M) last year some time, and I subsequently sold it on - I did request to do a license transfer for the SH101 at the time, but Roland said they didn't support that - whether or not that has done something with my license I'm not sure. Maybe I need to buy another plug out and try that !
vestan_pance

Post by vestan_pance »

So.... I've just purchased the System 100 plug out (a little extreme perhaps, but there you go) and that seems to be fine (all modular lights available - even when the mono button isn't necessarily pressed) - which is a little more reassuring - at least it doesn't appear to be a hardware issue - so I suspect that it's possibly this license problem which I may need to sort out with Roland.

Thanks for your help Jerry.
teabee

Post by teabee »

Maybe it's even simpler and you just have an old version of the 101 plug that doesn't support the 1m.
Did you try to re-install it from a fresh copy from the internet?
vestan_pance

Post by vestan_pance »

That's not a bad shout teabee, thanks - I'll see if I can get the latest version of the software and try that.