Which first

Forum for Aira
Goon

Which first

Post by Goon »

Looking at adding the TR8 and MX-1 to my setup, (roland FA-06 Aria VT3 & Korg Electribe2, along with Ableton live 9.6 & push2).

Which first TR8 or MX1, a couple quick questions on the mx1, I see there is a TR8 drum rack for ableton :)

Bit consfused regarding all these different modes of the mx1, all I want is to use it within DAW mixing and recording, using the on-board effects of the mx1, do these get recorded as automation or audio?
How easy is this to setup for Ableton?
KDub

Re: Which first

Post by KDub »

TR-8 is great but you already have a E2. I think you'll appreciate the interactivity you get with the MX-1. Had EMX1, ESX1 and E2. Miss it and looking for a Electribe Sampler now.
Goon

Post by Goon »

Yeah I like the E2, I use it as a sound module within Ableton, rarely use it standalone.I have a drum rack which I use with my Push2 triggering the E2. How easy is the MX1 to setup with a DAW, can you record the effects as automation or only audio?
KDub

Post by KDub »

I haven't tried yet but in the MIDI implementation doc downloaded from the Roland site it indicates all available CCs are transmitted and received in both Mixer modes. There are quite a few so you'll probably want to go grab that and see if what you're looking for is in there. I'm currently having a lot of fun taking the AUX out to the ES2 Audio-In and the ES2 outs to CH 5/6 using it basically as a MFX unit as well as able to quickly sample whatever I want. Another method is to use the headphone out and use the select button to sample a single channel. Very useful indeed.
Goon

Post by Goon »

Good idea using the E2 as mfx :)
Goon

Post by Goon »

Well I couldnt decide which to get first, so, I ordered both the TR8 and MX1.... Should be here soon. TR8 was in stock but MX1 had to be ordered...