TR8 Faulty LED

Forum for Aira
Goseba

TR8 Faulty LED

Post by Goseba »

Has anyone had an LED fail on a TR8 (Scatter LED 5 in my case)? Just wondered if it is easy to replace and where to get LED's from.
Synthtron

Re: TR8 Faulty LED

Post by Synthtron »

Not sure about replacements and failure. I just upgraded my TR-8 with the new Expansion that includes the 606 sounds and I noticed that one of the Scale LEDs is not working. The LED on the first selectable scale (8th note triplet) is not working on my unit. I have not used my TR-8 in a while and I do not remember if it did this or not.
paulowoody

Re: TR8 Faulty LED

Post by paulowoody »

I haven't had a faulty LED yet, but after the latest update for the 606 sounds, the OH fader was unlit - but this only happens when you enable hihat "link-mode" in the TR-8 settings. (i.e. pad 8 lit after booting with PTN SELECT pressed). This links the CH and OH faders to the CH one. Unfortunately, I did it by mistake and thought the LED/s in the OH fader had blown. I've seen a great video by Markus Fuller on YouTube, where he takes it apart - so there may be a way to fix a broken LED if you have the right tools (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oWrJ-Td4LM). Good luck!