MX-1 Audio glitch

Forum for Aira
zman03

MX-1 Audio glitch

Post by zman03 »

Hi all,

I really love the MX-1, but I have an odd problem which could be related to it ... the sound glitches every so often, kinda like a little pop or click and the audio will then stutter for a split second. It doesn't happen that often to be fair, but enough to be annoying me, when I record a performance into live it actually records the glitch. You can hear what I mean if you watch this video I made of a live jam ... it happens at 50 seconds in, again at 1:50 and again at 6:50 <-- the 50 second thing must be co-incidence right?!?

https://youtu.be/K-MCLsiBLGo

Has any one experienced this?

For info I have mine in Ext mode and it's connected to Ableton Live where Live is the master clock, I'm running it at 48khz sample rate. (I've tried switching the master clock to the MX-1 and also adjusting the sample rate, neither resolved the issue) All the USB ports are filled with Aira / boutique gear and some of the other inputs are filled with other hardware, volcas, moog mother, and the other channels are audio from Live.

any help great appreciated.
zman03

Re: MX-1 Audio glitch

Post by zman03 »

found the issue, it was dropbox which was polling the server to sync file every minute. goodbye dropbox!
Manic

Post by Manic »

How did you find out what caused it?

I'm having a similar problem. Also had the same problem with my focusrite scarlett as audio interface.. must be something else causing the glitches.

Bought an extremely powerful pc, low cpu load, but still glitches. Raising buffer size doesn't help either..
Manic

Post by Manic »

I think I solved my problem too! What I did: I went to MSCONFIG.exe and set boot to Selective startup and disabled all programs I don't really need to startup. Since then I had no glitches anymore, but have to test a little more. I also don't know yet whích program is causing it.
Slugi

Post by Slugi »

Hi,
I have glitch problems too with MX-1 and my new asus zenbook laptop... With old laptop, all samplerates work fine.
Normally glitches aren't hearable but when i do record something and then play that recorded track there are glitches here and there. And its not buffer underruns what causes this.
When i use 96khz, then sound is clean even with very small buffer, with 48khz glitches here and there, 44.1khz there are more glitches no matter what buffer size i choose.
Where can they come?
That same new laptop works fine with my old Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 @48khz Mx-1 attached to its inputs.
My friend also have MX-1 and fast test with it 48Khz works fine with that so can my MX-1 be somehow broken?

New laptop have no problems at all to handle 96kHz samplerates but I want to use 48kHz to save ssd space, bought new laptop for music creation as my old zenbook is coming too slow and now i cant use new zenbook for that.. :(
In addition spotify and browser does not support 96khz so i cant listen to music with my studio monitors then.