Transposing TB3 from External MIDI Keyboard?

Forum for Aira
Threeleggedyoyo

Transposing TB3 from External MIDI Keyboard?

Post by Threeleggedyoyo »

Does anyone know if there's a way to transpose patterns using an external MIDI keyboard? My TB-3 is recognizing and playing the MIDI notes from an external keyboard, but I can't get it to use them for pattern transposition even when I activate the one-touch transposition first with my hands.

Is there a way to do this? I really hope so. I wanted to use the TB-3 with some an organ pedal MIDI controller.
Threeleggedyoyo

Re: Transposing TB3 from External MIDI Keyboard?

Post by Threeleggedyoyo »

Well, I got a reply from Roland today. It looks like it's possible. They said they'd forward (or maybe already had from someone else) the request to Roland Japan but couldn't say if or when it would happen.

Disappointed and quite surprised on this. :/
GoaSkin

Post by GoaSkin »

Does anybody know if there is a way yet to trigger the base note of a running pattern via MIDI (the same thing you do when pushing Keyboard+Note)?

On a current song project where my TB-3 is used with running arpeggiator synchronized via pattern, the whole song is being transposed in some cases. Therefore, my TB-3 needs to do that too anyhow.

As a workaround, I send the tuning parameter (CC 104) but that is suboptimal and only possible with a very limited note range.

Of there isn't a (possible undocumented) MIDI CC, can this be solved via sysex?
hadronic

Post by hadronic »

hey guys, has anyone found something?

tks!!