System 1 tempo

Forum for Aira
cvbn1

System 1 tempo

Post by cvbn1 »

Hello,

please help me !!! Is there some way how to set specifically tempo on Roland System 1 ? You know, when you play the song, that is in tempo for expample 100 BPM, and you want to set tempo of arpeggio to 100, how is that possible ? I tried to connect the USB to cubase, and sync it, but the analog signal is still controlled by tempo knob. I know that i can search it, but it is useless, while you play live on stage... some solutions ?
thank you...
johnstimley

Re: System 1 tempo

Post by johnstimley »

Hi cvbn1,
Think I'm asking a similar question (Syncronisation Help) using Garageband and trying to syncronise the 2 or more. I'll watch your replies!

Regards, JS.
torvalds

Re: System 1 tempo

Post by torvalds »

There's a small section at the end of the manual telling you how to set the system 1 for this. Mine was already set up correctly. Then you need to change the settings in your daw so that your instrument is using the tempo from it. I don't use cubase but it would be easy enough to find out how to do this.

The green light that flashes on the tempo knob flashes to the tempo so you can tell by looking at it if you're in sync. Also that same section of the manual tells you how to turn off the "screen saver" display thing.

Just took a quick look, is it: Transport - project synchronisation setup - midi clock out.