System 1 voucher

Forum for Aira
torvalds

System 1 voucher

Post by torvalds »

Hello everyone. I got a System 1 and I got a card with it with a product key on it for a plug out. I was assuming it was for the sh101 plugout but im not sure now as I cant get the code to work. Now I have a download for the system 1, the "SYSTEM-1 Librarian Ver.1.0.0 for Windows" which is a trial version of the system 1 plugin. I tried the code for it but it also doesnt work.

Websites are saying that System 1 users get a free sh-101 plugout but I dont know how to get it. The code I have does knock a bit of the plugout price but thats it.

Does anyone know whats going on with this?
NickZoll

Re: System 1 voucher

Post by NickZoll »

Users used to get it for free, but not anymore. However if you register your system1 you will get a good discount for all the plugouts.
torvalds

Post by torvalds »

OK thanks! I'm not sure why they wouldn't give you the plugin for free as you already have the hardware version, seems a bit silly.

I think the trial version does still have a use to system 1 owners as you can store and load presets to and from the hardware. Seems extremely miserable of Roland to allow that (which is great they do as the keyboard has no screen and managing presets is a bit awkward) but to only give you half the plugin is a bit silly and cheap of them.

I think I'll be childish and huff and not bother with the tr8 :)
Boston Green

Post by Boston Green »

Did you end up using the code to get the 101 at discount price? if not, could I have it please, I bought a s/h system1, thinking the 101 would be on it, but its not and no card in box
JaFre

Post by JaFre »

Hi to all,

I saw this thread about registering / activating the "SYSTEM-1 Librarian Ver.1.0.0 for Windows"
and how to get for free the SH-101 plugout as it was promised by Roland as included with the purchase of a System-1.

None of this clarified any where, and Roland is still missing this precise information.

I know that 4 years has passed by now, but ridiculously Roland continues to ship Sistem-1's with this voucher Product Key Card!!!

Anyone, in the meanwhile, have any news about this?
Did anyone discovered or questioned Roland about this?

Best regards to all the Clan,
JaFre
cjbrown

Post by cjbrown »

I am in agreement here. I recently got a System-1 and it has been the WORST experience ever. The instructions are basically non-existent and for people with super vision (would it kill their profits to include a few pieces of paper for readable instructions?).
I can't seem to locate ANY of the software spoken about (librarian, or any other interface to work with this thing). Plus 90% of the time I can't seem to change banks at all, it just reverts to memory buttons all being the same. Then there's the whole plugin feature that I've gotten nowhere on.
I joined "roland cloud" and that is no help either.
This is an awful experience.
WaveTemper

Post by WaveTemper »

cjbrown wrote:I am in agreement here. I recently got a System-1 and it has been the WORST experience ever. The instructions are basically non-existent and for people with super vision (would it kill their profits to include a few pieces of paper for readable instructions?).
I can't seem to locate ANY of the software spoken about (librarian, or any other interface to work with this thing). Plus 90% of the time I can't seem to change banks at all, it just reverts to memory buttons all being the same. Then there's the whole plugin feature that I've gotten nowhere on.
I joined "roland cloud" and that is no help either.
This is an awful experience.
Finding someone who answers you (also and above all for needs that could be useful to other people, is difficult), because substantially 98% of the subscribers mind their own business and do not "waste time" to respond to situations that they have already solved. I answer only if he has something to gain.
Tekbehr

Post by Tekbehr »

For folks having trouble finding all of the 64 patch memories in their System-1 - make sure your synth has been upgraded to the latest operating system software. The original System-1 only shipped with 8 patch memory locations, and it was after the version 1.2 came out that the synth was able to add or access not just 8 patches but now 64!

After getting my System-1, I loved the sound and the Eurorack compatible jacks on the System-1m, so I bought one brand new, then 3 more used. I was able to pick up a few System-1 units for great prices - both of them only had the first OS version 1, so they only had 8 patches. Score! I upgraded these 2 System-1 units and resold one.

Moral of the story is:

Make sure your System-1 has the latest version of the operating system which is currently version 1.3 - get it here:
https://www.roland.com/us/products/system-1/downloads/