System M1 library with Ableton - preset saving and loading

Forum for Aira
Peter Heard

System M1 library with Ableton - preset saving and loading

Post by Peter Heard »

Hi all,
I wanted your tips on using the Plug-in for the system 1 to save and load presets I make.

I recenltly bought a system 1 (fyi for about $500 nzd delivered).
I run ableton live 9.6.1 on a pc win 7 64 bit system.

After many frustrating hours I got the system 1 plug in to load in ableton, and it makes sounds etc. as expected.
I even managed to get the system 1 plug in to talk to the hardware and sent a bunch of presets to the hardware. I now, for some reason, cannot get them to communicate - receiving the error "Either the Plug-Out Synthesizer is not connected or is connected incorrectly".
They wont talk if I use either the System 1m CTRL of system 1m

Has anyone here got the plug out and the hardware talking within ableton?
Or do you know a workaround to use the software as a patch library manager?
I know of alternative software but it is in my opinion expensive

thanks in advance
Peter
acs111

Re: System M1 library with Ableton - preset saving and loadi

Post by acs111 »

With cubase I have to disable all midi inputs and outputs from within the DAW. Then within the vst instrument I select System 1m cntrl for input and output. I can then communicate with the synth.
Something to do with the system locking to the usb ports. Its a real over site on Rolands part as it makes the workflow really clunky. You then have to re-enable the midi ports so you can carry on playing midi into it.
Peter Heard

Post by Peter Heard »

thanks ill give it a go

p
Peter Heard

Post by Peter Heard »

Wow! it worked, thanks so much for the tip. I disabled abletons midi connections to the 1m and then the vst worked as a library back up and shift around, can name patches etc. awesome! If only roland hadnt fucked up this end of the product, it took my hours to reach this solution. Cheers, peter