System 1m USB audio workflow / Cubase 8.5

Forum for Aira
acs111

System 1m USB audio workflow / Cubase 8.5

Post by acs111 »

Wondering what the ideal setup here is for using the System 1m or System 1 with USB audio. The benefits of USB audio is being able to use the librarian to create and store sounds especially as the unit lacks any real display.
Ive tried this as follows in Cubase but similar setup for Ableton:
1) connect the unit via USB
2) Change the audio device to use the system 1m
3) Remove all midi inputs and outputs from with VST connections
4) Change the system 1m librarian to system 1m cntrl for both input and output
5) send and receive patches

Problem is you then have to re-enable the midi inputs so you can start playing midi into the unit. Or make any controller changes. The screw up to workflow is pretty major as you cant get into any flow having to re enable and disable midi inputs /outputs.
Its better to just go via the analogue inputs and forget about USB.
Which brings me to think whats the point in getting a digital replica of analogue. I may as well get a real analogue device that has a slightly larger screen with a decent onscreen editor.

Am I missing something here as im near taking this unit back, or throwing it hard against a wall.
jx3p

Re: System 1m USB audio workflow / Cubase 8.5

Post by jx3p »

Actually Cubase can only handle 1 soundcard at a time.
A solution could be using the ASIO4ALL Driver, explained more in detail here:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20010
acs111

Post by acs111 »

That doesn't answer any of my questions. I found a neat editor utility that changes all the sounds. This means at least I can change the sounds without having to remove all the midi inputs.
jx3p

Post by jx3p »

acs111 wrote:That doesn't answer any of my questions. I found a neat editor utility that changes all the sounds. This means at least I can change the sounds without having to remove all the midi inputs.
It does answer your question , cause with the solution i suggested you can have 2 Audio devices running in Cubase (parallel) without having to change audio devices for the required tasks.