TR-8 recording rolls and scatter sync question

Forum for Aira
Bodde

TR-8 recording rolls and scatter sync question

Post by Bodde »

I have my TR-8 for two weeks now and really love!
I have two things that I can't figure out.

1) Is it possible to record the rolls (and it's variations)?
When in inst play mode I can play the rolls but as soon as I hit the inst rec button the rolls stop and I cannot record it.

2) In the manual it says that with the 7x7 expansion the scatter function starts after the first cycle. But when I press the scatter on button it starts immediately. How can I make start after the first cycle? (I have 7x7 and the 1.20 update installed).
Bodde

Re: TR-8 recording rolls and scatter sync question

Post by Bodde »

None an idea how to do this?
Bodde

Post by Bodde »

Too bad no one knows how to do this......
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

1). No, you cannot record rolls etc. A bit annoying I know... My workaround is to use the delay on specific drums to give the impression of a faster than 16th note. You can trigger the roll function externally though, or sequence that tempo from another device, but in it's own sequencer it can't record it.

2). I think it says it stops after the first cycle, not start... are you sure? The feature they added was the ability to trigger the scatter with the "Depth" and "On" buttons to make it only scatter till the end of the current bar.
Bodde

Post by Bodde »

Thanks for your reply!
Too bad you can't record the roll. I don't see much use for it if you can record it in the TR-8. Anymore suggestions or tips how you can use roll in the TR-8?
Myrk- wrote: 2). I think it says it stops after the first cycle, not start... are you sure? The feature they added was the ability to trigger the scatter with the "Depth" and "On" buttons to make it only scatter till the end of the current bar.
The 707 update manual says (under the scatter 'chapter'):
"The scatter effect will not apply to the first cycle; the effect will apply to the second and subsequent cycles of the loop".

I saw a video of someone demonstrating that but I can't find it anymore. When I press scatter on it starts immediately but I want to start automatically on the next cycle. Is that possible?
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Stumped me. Never noticed that in the 7x7 manual, and never used. I'll have a play and see if I can work it out. Maybe the later system update undid that function?