new plugouts for system 1?

Forum for Aira
NickZoll

new plugouts for system 1?

Post by NickZoll »

I'm wondering is any of new plugouts planned to be released for system1? Or Roland decided to discontinue/stop supporting cheaper model since they release more expensive system 8?
bluemike

Re: new plugouts for system 1?

Post by bluemike »

I hope they will release a few more. Jupiter4, Juno60/106, jupiter6/8 even if mono or low poly would be awesome

...but I have a bad feeling
SynthGraphics

Post by SynthGraphics »

Yeah, I fear Roland will just focus on the System-8 at this point.

But there is NO reason they couldn't give us 4-voice versions of the JP-08, JU-06, JX-03 as plug-outs for the System-1. The System-1 and the Boutique series share the same DSP chips.
NickZoll

Post by NickZoll »

That would be great, looks like it's just a question of time
bluemike

Post by bluemike »

I fear it is not going to happen. And there is not a technical issue, but rather a marketing call

The system 1 has more DSP power than the boutique boxes, so it would be able to handle it
NickZoll

Post by NickZoll »

in my opinion from the side of marketing it could happen. imagine they are gonna make the pkugouts awailable as vst plugins. why won't they make them as plugouts for sys1 for the same price? just think about it how many sys1 users would buy them
bluemike

Post by bluemike »

that would indeed be cool... but I doubt that would happen
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

I think that the System-1 has pretty much reached the end of its life. I cannot help but wonder if the new promised Juno-106 plugout will be possible to load onto the System-1. I hope I am wrong, but I have a feeling that it will be offered as an OS update to the System-8 only and not as a separate VST.

/// Tom
NickZoll

Post by NickZoll »

i'm sure it will be released in vst format some later. but doubt it will be available for the sys1
Happy

Post by Happy »

if that does not happen, then perhaps there is hope for a rack based System 8, in whatever form factor that may be, perhaps an System 1m without the 3.5"mm jacks and only 4 voices without the vocoder and sequencer. So the range perhaps will be:The S8 for performance stage, S1m for modular and S4m (as an S8) for non-modular. It will mean buying new hardware, the usual Roland recycle, reuse, milking-cow (us, consumers) to-the-last drop-marketing-way