Aira TR-8 & TB-3 tempo divide?

Forum for Aira
paulyuk6

Aira TR-8 & TB-3 tempo divide?

Post by paulyuk6 »

Hi folks

I've got my TR-8 and TB-3 synched together through a MIDI cable, so when I press Start/Stop on the TR-8 the TB-3 starts or stops playing at the same time. So all is fine like this.
BUT
I've got a pattern on my TB-3 which is playing too fast for the rhythm. Is there a setting on the TB-3 which lets me tell it to play at half the incoming MIDI clock speed (or any other sensible divisor)?
So if the TR-8 is playing at 160 bpm, I want the TB-3 playing at 80 bpm. OR conversely can I tell the TR-8 to send MIDI clock out at half speed?

The only setting I found on the TB-3 which gets close to this is the Triplet setting but that's not exactly the tempo I need.

Has anyone found a way to do this (short of buying an external MIDI divider unit!)

Thanks

Paul
Tothead

Re: Aira TR-8 & TB-3 tempo divide?

Post by Tothead »

I recently bumped in the manual into this combo - try step rec + tempo , that might be the thing you are looking for (16 to 8 division, so the TB-3 "slows" 2x down).
paulyuk6

Re: Aira TR-8 & TB-3 tempo divide?

Post by paulyuk6 »

Well, I found a neat solution to the problem!

I bought this dinky little MIDI clock divider unit from AudioWerkstatt and it works great.
You can view it here:
http://www.audiowerkstatt.de/en/midi-clock-divider

You can select what ratio you want the MIDI clock slowed down by with a small button.
Very impressed with it.

regards

Paul