Future expansions for the TR-8

Forum for Aira

Re: Future expansions for the TR-8

Postby Bodde » 20:12, 15 February 2017

Good suggestions.

My wish list:
-More pattern storage!!! 16 patterns is very very little...64 patterns at least.
-Improved delay and reverb. The delay and reverb don't sound good IMHO.
-Poly rhythms like the Arturia Drumbrute has. So separate step lenghts for each instrument. So we can do a pattern of 6 in the hiats over 4 in the rim shot or whatever.

I would rather have these things than more sounds.
Bodde

Postby rcmusic35 » 22:15, 15 February 2017

One more: save the sound parameters with patterns....
rcmusic35

Postby Tothead » 16:10, 14 March 2017

Bodde wrote:Not sure what you are getting at. This topic is not about free expansions. it's about future (paid) expansions or software updates. Right it seems as if Roland has abandoned the TR-8 since it has been a long time since there were any updates or news from Roland on the TR-8. But I hope I am not correct and we will see some updates/expansions in the future.

From how I understood it, is that there are no plans for further expansions, as the TR-8 has no possibility to be "updated". All available expansions, even before they were announced, where already there in the tr-8 guts, you only unlock them with patch or you purchase a key, thus I am thinking that there is no space for new sounds.... :) just a speculation
Tothead

Postby rcmusic35 » 11:41, 15 March 2017

But there are surely things that could be improved with an update. Not talking about more sounds.
rcmusic35

Previous

Return to Aira