Help using a tr-8 in Ableton as an audio interface

Forum for Aira
yaaaldi

Help using a tr-8 in Ableton as an audio interface

Post by yaaaldi »

I'm using my tr-8 as an audio interface in ableton. The problem I'm facing is that the sound coming out of the external output on the tr8 has the sound that comes directly from the tr-8 as well as the ableton output sound. This means that if I listen to the monitor in ableton I hear both the ableton output as well as the audio directly out the tr-8. It creates a sort of doubling effect with the latency that's there.

I don't want to hear the mix audio directly out the tr-8, I only want to hear the audio out from the tr-8 that is routed through ableton.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to achieve this? Basically I want to mute the sound that comes directly from the tr8 and just hear abletons output. Cheers.
2:43AM

Re: Help using a tr-8 in Ableton as an audio interface

Post by 2:43AM »

Sorry for this late and unhelpful reply, but my advice is to buy a real audio interface. Roland seriously screwed up when they designed the TR-8's audio-over-USB function. It's the worst decision I've seen in a modern-day synthesizer/audio device in a long time.
Peter Heard

Re: Help using a tr-8 in Ableton as an audio interface

Post by Peter Heard »

I have had success with this. I think i used the ableton feature of hardware delay to get the sounds married up enough to be functional