Anyone using a MPC Touch or Renaissance with Aira gear?

Forum for Aira
Boston Green

Anyone using a MPC Touch or Renaissance with Aira gear?

Post by Boston Green »

Currently got System 1, tr-8 and tb-3 connected via usb to mx-1 .....

I'm thinking of adding an MPC Touch and wondered how it integrated with the Aira gear?

1) Can it sync with mx-1 via usb or will I have to wire up midi out from mx-1 to midi in on Touch?
2) Mainly going to use it to record the System 1 and layer loops, hows the workflow with that?

TIA
Inkog

Re: Anyone using a MPC Touch or Renaissance with Aira gear?

Post by Inkog »

It will not work via USB with the MX-1. Only Aria capable devices (Roland Gear) will sync or supply audio via USB. DIN MIDI should work fine. However you might want to wait for the new standalone MPC LIVE that's coming out soon.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... -live.html
Boston Green

Post by Boston Green »

yeah, didnt think I could utilise the midi sync via usb but not audio either??

MPC live sounds interesting .... will do some digging, see what that might offer ... cheers!
Boston Green

Post by Boston Green »

Found this .... sounds like exactly what i'm after, trying to do away with laptop altogether .... only draw back, is it sounds like its a while away yet ....

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2016/11/ ... ight-here/
Boston Green

Post by Boston Green »

No pointers to price, but i'd say its gonna be a fair bit more than the Touch, possibly nearer the price of the Pioneer Toraiz, either way, the price of the Touch is bound to drop on release of the Live unit ....
Inkog

Post by Inkog »

It leaked from the FCC website, so its really close to being released. We'll know more after NAMM. Word is $799.
Boston Green

Post by Boston Green »

I think its now a toss up between Touch or Maschine Studio ....... i'm far too fuckin impatient to wait for the mpc live lol
Goon

Post by Goon »

I have used a Maschine Studio, and its great for Studio use, great piece of kit, but its a big lump of gear. I have never used a MPC at all, BUT the Touch looks fun to use so quick and easy to create and use. I could see myself buying one myself in the new year.
Inkog

Post by Inkog »

Boston Green wrote:I think its now a toss up between Touch or Maschine Studio ....... i'm far too fuckin impatient to wait for the mpc live lol
I have a Mikro, and get a lot of wear and tear out of the Maschine ecosystem. You can't beat the value of the Maschine Library and Komplete Select for the price of entry of a Mikro/Jam.

Steeping up in hardware from Mikro/Jam is really only going to get you further away from the PC it's tied to. The choice of hardware should be based on your aversion to keyboards and mice. You can do everything with a Mikro + mouse that you can do with the Studio standalone.

I now think the Jam is the best value over the Mikro, as it's the better MIDI controller with the touch strips and button grid. Lately, I hardly ever use the Machine hardware or software, but I constantly head to the library for samples, MIDI, and Komplete.
Boston Green

Post by Boston Green »

decisions decisions ....... grrrrrrr
Prodeo

Post by Prodeo »

I came here to ask the same question.

I am thinking getting the Touch now and then upgrade to the MPC Live. The Touch has had price cut to $599 new. So, I will probably get it to learn the MPC system and sell it when the Live comes out.
Boston Green

Post by Boston Green »

Prodeo wrote:I came here to ask the same question.

I am thinking getting the Touch now and then upgrade to the MPC Live. The Touch has had price cut to $599 new. So, I will probably get it to learn the MPC system and sell it when the Live comes out.
EXACTLY what i've decided to do ........ gonna buy it tomorrow :)
Boston Green

Post by Boston Green »

Right, went out and bought the Touch today, so much fun!!

No i've got it in my hands i've figured out you can set it to use the mx1 soundcard, giving you full usb audio and usb midi clock input with no need for midi or audio cables, just usb to pc :) SHWEEEET!! Its all sync'd up to the mx1 and all the other gear perfectly!