scooper audio recording

Forum for Aira
NickZoll

scooper audio recording

Post by NickZoll »

Hi guys, just got scooper. Nice unit. In the manual they say it is possible to record via usb all inputs. itwould be cool since unit has 8 inputs. i tried and figured out that 2 audio inputs give good gain while recording into daw, but grf inputs are pretty weak. any ideas how to increase the gain?
Nig

Re: scooper audio recording

Post by Nig »

Just got one of these myself and AIUI, the GRF inputs are only for CV GATE and TRIG signals, not audio. When it says you can record all the inputs I think they mean you can record the CV signals in your DAW so you can then send them back into the Scooper (or another device). Like all the Aira manuals the EFX ones are pretty ambigous as to what you can do with these things!

Have you tried the customizer yet? Really opens these things up.
NickZoll

Post by NickZoll »

Looks like you are right, gfrs record cv stuff only. that's stupid. yes, editor opens tonns of new opportunities and all the modular options are great. there's another thing i don't get, why i can't apply effect to usb audio signal? that would be great to do this, but the unit when connected to usb behaves weird.
NickZoll

Post by NickZoll »

so i noticed even if i record via usb into audio 1/2 inputs the volume does not go higher than -12db... any ideas?