MX-1 V1.05 Mastering Level Meter Bug

Forum for Aira
M1R5080

MX-1 V1.05 Mastering Level Meter Bug

Post by M1R5080 »

Just wondering if any one else has experienced this bug?

My DB level seems to be all over the place, I generally set my levels by putting tracks on solo and set the gain till I get -6db. However the db meter will register different values if I just deselect gain and select something else, which makes setting the gain properly very difficult.

For example, I mute all tracks except for track one, for track one I hit select->gain->set value till the meter reads -6db->select fader->db level is now between +6db and +9db. If I select back to gain, it magically goes back to -6db with no changes in actual volume. Even more confusing is the fact that if I hit select again to have no track selections the db level is the same level of between +6db to +9db, and there is still no changes to the actual volume.
Inkog

Re: MX-1 V1.05 Mastering Level Meter Bug

Post by Inkog »

I think you may be getting confused by how the meter behaves in the different modes.

When you select a channel and the Gain button is lit, the VU meter switches to display only the selected channel's pre-fader input level. As soon as you deselect the gain button or deselect a channel, the VU meter goes back to its default behavior of showing the post-fader (main volume knob) master level. If the master level VU was pre-fader, your test of soloing the track would be valid, but in this case it isn't.