Demora Delay Time

Forum for Aira
sicijk

Demora Delay Time

Post by sicijk »

Hello All, first post here....so a big hug to this Community !

I am a proud owner of a JP8000 since 2004 and, since two weeks, of a Demora delay module, which I really like, especially for the robotic flangey sounds I can get from it.

But I have a doubt....I will not complain too much about the really poor documentation for all these modules and the Customizer....but a small rant.

Anyway....how am I supposed to get the 10 seconds delay time from the unit (as it is advertised)??
I tried putting the knob to the max plus a CV at 10V with maximum depth level....I can only get something like 2 seconds....no more.

What am I missing?
Thank you very much in advance!
d^_^b
sbontrager

Re: Demora Delay Time

Post by sbontrager »

That's very odd. I get 10 seconds from mine, 2 seconds is about "2 o'clock" on the main GRF.

If you bought it second-hand, try using the configurator software and loading in a blank patch. It may be patched in such a way that limits the delay time.
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

Hi and thank you for your answer!

I bought it new. I did use the Customizer but always returned to default by loading a "new" patch....

I uploaded an audio file to let you listen what I get with the GRF 1 at maximum......from the waveform there is only a 1 second gap...!!!
I find this odd too...
Attachments
Demora max delay time.mp3
(799.06 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

I have found a patch in the customizer that gives Midi sync....I can get a longer delay, but around 3 seconds I believe. Not really 10.....and, strangely, the Time knob behaves opposite direction: clockwise faster times counterclockwise longer times...
I tried to press the invert polarity button on the clock divider module but no changes....

No one can help me please?
Andrie

Post by Andrie »

u need to use the trigger to delay time divider.
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

Thank you for you answer!

I'll make a try today...

------------

so.....Trigger to Delay and 4x multiplier.....job done!!

Thank you very much!!
sbontrager

Post by sbontrager »

I'm curious as to the patch you used, can you post a screen capture or the patch file?
sicijk

Post by sicijk »

It is a simple patch actually: Trig to Delay time where only the CV out is connected to Time CV input.
Then using multiplier at 4, I obtained the result.....but this, as I am discovering right now, is overkill.....since I succeeded in getting 10 seconds without any modules at all !!

I noticed that a blank patch loads the default Demora connections with the TIME LEVEL at 10...it is as simple as to bring that value to maximum (100) and I get 10 seconds.....I wonder how I have missed that before...
I might be quite sure I tried already that option but maybe under different conditions or modules connected....

Anyway, sorry all if I bothered with a really stupid question.....and the short answer to my asking is: bring TIME LEVEL to 100 with the Customizer!! d^_^b
Andrie

Post by Andrie »

the way the modules are explained, in the manual is so terrible, sorry to say `roland

i think the main reason for the amazing aira fx range being discontinued is the lack of proper support from the aira team: mainly meaning: manual and description of use is not clear enough.

a shame i have the scooper and demora: And they are my fav. rig gear

great u got it workin!
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

Andrie wrote:the way the modules are explained, in the manual is so terrible, sorry to say `roland

i think the main reason for the amazing aira fx range being discontinued is the lack of proper support from the aira team: mainly meaning: manual and description of use is not clear enough.

a shame i have the scooper and demora: And they are my fav. rig gear

great u got it workin!
Took the words right out of my mouth. I also just got Scooper and Demora this week, and they are fantastic. But that "manual" is just terrible, and most of the videos useless beyond "plug it in, twist knobs, make noise". I'm sitting down today with the app manual in hope that it will shed some more light on it. These should and could have been a bigger hit for Roland. But, IMO, they have got to stop just releasing things into the market hoping that they'll find their place or that people will figure them out on their own.

I've noticed that they have been much more attentive to the new System-8, so that's a good sign. But products as clever and capable like the JD-XA and the AIRA Modulars shouldn't just "die" (from a market perspective) after 18 months. I worry that they learn the wrong lessons when their sales don't meet expectations, which leads to less innovation.