Juno , Jupiter plugouts on system 1/1m

Forum for Aira
Kurrupt

Juno , Jupiter plugouts on system 1/1m

Post by Kurrupt »

I contacted Roland regarding the system 8 Juno and Jupiter plugouts being available for system 1/1m
This is the response I got and I thought I'd share it with you all as I've seen loads of hear say that the will be available soon .

thanks for getting in touch and Happy New Year.

At this stage, the polyphonic PLUG-OUTs can only be handled by the processing power of the SYSTEM-8. The SYSTEM-1m and SYSTEM-1 are not obsolete - they are a model of lower processing capabilities, size and price from the SYSTEM-8. The SYSTEM-8 is the AIRA flagship synthesizer and is why, at its price point, has the ability to run multiple PLUG-OUTs and has more synthesis capability.

The SYSTEM-1m can only run PLUG-OUTs in mono for CV control. This has always been the way from day one and cannot be changed.

Our engineers have received feedback loud and clear about the request for polyphonic PLUG-OUTs for SYSTEM-1/1m and have begun looking at the possibility within the current synth architecture. It is possible however there are concerns on the quality of sound due to the processing restriction. If the PLUG-OUT quality doesn't meet Roland's high standard, it won't be released.

Please enjoy your SYSTEM-1m and the multitude of synth sounds you have available with the PLUG-OUTs and thank you for your feedback.

~Christian, AIRA Team
bluemike

Re: Juno , Jupiter plugouts on system 1/1m

Post by bluemike »

Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like they might have heard from a lot of angry System 1 owners ;-)

From what I have seen it has 2 DSP chips, and the boutique series only have 1...So it would be very strange if system 1would not be able to host at least a 4 note poly version of juno 106, jx3p and Jupiter 8.

I would be fine with the same sound quality as the boutique series.

I think they are just trying to milk the market and I do not really expect to see any more plug-outs for system 1, but I would love to be proven wrong in this case

BTW, I never really liked the optics of my system 1, too much toy feeling and too much of the green framing, so I built a oak frame and also blacked-out all of the green framing, except around the scatter section.the result was pretty good I think (see uploaded pic...you need to click the image to see all)
Attachments
Custom system1
Custom system1
IMG_20170105_084953_184.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 1094 times