system 1m broken?

Forum for Aira
frankyjuno

system 1m broken?

Post by frankyjuno »

hello guys

i've had the roland system1m for around a year now and everything worked well, but since yesterday it will not power on. I am using the original PSU and i have not made any changes recently to my setup. I've allready confirmed that the PSU is working (it works with the TR8). has anyone encountered this problem and knows a way to fix this? Or is my only option to send it in?

thanks in advance
bluemike

Re: system 1m broken?

Post by bluemike »

It could be something as simple as a fuse that needs to be replaced, but it is a bad indication that the powersupply works
frankyjuno

Post by frankyjuno »

hi mike, thanks for the reply.

i did some more testing and it most likely is a hardware issue. when i plug in the headphone jack i can hear a repeating clicking as if it is trying to start up over and over again without success. luckily its still under warranty, so i'll take it back to the shop.

what really disappointed me was the customer service of rolandus.com, i opened a ticket with them just to enquire if they had similar issue reported by other users or if they encountered this before. i got a generic response only stating that they detected that im not from the US and that i have to check within my own country. since im in switzerland, the local guys here had no clue what device i was even talking about when i phoned them. way to go roland!
bluemike

Post by bluemike »

Well, good for you that you still have warranty on the s1m... Just take it to your dealer and they will take care of the problem.

Regarding the support, I have a feeling that the Aira team operates independent from the rest of Roland..for what ever reason and this is probably the reason.
-Really bad for us customers....

Please update the thread when you know what the problem was

Thx
frankyjuno

Post by frankyjuno »

bluemike wrote:
Please update the thread when you know what the problem was

Thx

update:

i just got my unit back from the shop, it was repaired within approx. 2 weeks and was no hassle at all (thx to the great staff at studiosounds bern).

apparently the whole motherboard had to be replaced, but no info on what exactly caused the issue.

well, the patches are gone, but i've got a working system 1m again, so thats nice.