NAMM 2017 what a disappointment

Forum for Aira
bluemike

NAMM 2017 what a disappointment

Post by bluemike »

Don't know about you guys, but I feel pretty disappointed on Roland... NO New synths, no new plug-outs..

:-(
rsaintjohn

Re: NAMM 2017 what a disappointment

Post by rsaintjohn »

Releases were pretty hot and heavy since 909 Day four months ago, so I guess I wasn't really expecting anything new in the way of synths. And in the case of plug-outs, that's more of an "end-user" kind of thing that bypasses the music industry retailers, which is who NAMM is really for. All of these guys have much more going on behind closed doors in booth meeting rooms, because the buyers are there already getting ready for what they'll be putting on shelves and online in the 4th quarter of the year. I'm also intrigued to find out more about what's going on with Roland Cloud and this new "Rainlink" technology they're talking about.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm definitely looking forward to new gear and new plug-outs, and hope we won't have to wait until "808 Day" to hear about it. For now, though, I'm still having a ball with my System-8 and the plug-outs on that, and picking up some other gear (SBX-1, System-1m, A-01K) that I missed over the past year or so. I don't buy it all, but what I do want to get, I can't get all at once.
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

I don't understand the disappointment about Roland actually.
As mentioned by rsaintjohn 909 was pretty hot when it comes to new gear.
DJ-808, three Boutiques and the System-8 and that's the 'electronic' department only.

What was there to expect today from Roland?
I certainly wasn't expecting something big like a synth or a workstation.
I was hoping for some more plugout announcements, but even did not really expect that.

I am also glad that Roland didn't show something nice, because after 909 day and a Deepmind 12, my money has disappeared. ;-)
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

Tom_1970 wrote:I don't understand the disappointment about Roland actually.
As mentioned by rsaintjohn 909 was pretty hot when it comes to new gear.
DJ-808, three Boutiques and the System-8 and that's the 'electronic' department only.

What was there to expect today from Roland?
I certainly wasn't expecting something big like a synth or a workstation.
I was hoping for some more plugout announcements, but even did not really expect that.

I am also glad that Roland didn't show something nice, because after 909 day and a Deepmind 12, my money has disappeared. ;-)
Check out
https://www.rolandcloud.com/
Roland has announced Roland Cloud where people can basically rent plug-outs for $19.99 a month
Roland also is going to offer more soft synths in the future along with more plug-outs.
They have a new soft synth called anthology which is a sampled based emulation of the D-50 and a piano software called Tera. I am having problems with the rented plug-outs when trying to load them on to my System8. they cause my DAW Logic 9 to crash when it tries to load.
bluemike

Post by bluemike »

...Maybe a new synth was too much to expect, but I do think they are really slow on bringing out more plug-outs for system 1/8