Mx-1 & system1m connectivity issue

Forum for Aira
Kurrupt

Mx-1 & system1m connectivity issue

Post by Kurrupt »

Hi guys
First of I'd like to say thank you for all the help and advice I've received here it's a great place to be .
As you know I've had problems with the plugouts and the system 1m but I've now managed to resolve this with help from Roland and you guys .
But now I've over come that issue yet another one has arose.
This time it's a issue with the mx-1 and system 1m.
When the system 1m is plugged into mac directly via USB the mac can find it in audio/midi setup and the plugouts can send data with out a issue but when it's plugged into the mx-1 USB ports the mac can't find it and nor can the plugouts. The mx-1 shows it's there in a/m setup and preferences but the system 1m isn't showing up . I have been talking to Roland for a few days with all the issues and am waiting for a reply on this one but I thought I'd ask here as well as most of you guys are pretty knowledgeable with the aira stuff .
I've made sure all the drivers are updated to 1.0.1 and the firmware is 1.0.5 on mx-1 and system 1m is 1.30 firmware and driver 1.0.1
I'm running OS X sierra 10.12.3
Now the only way I've been able to work it is by plugin the system 1m USB into mac and audio outputs into mx-1 but it should be a case of just plugin the USB into mx-1 .
Thanks for your time and help .
rsaintjohn

Re: Mx-1 & system1m connectivity issue

Post by rsaintjohn »

I've yet to get an MX-1, but you're not alone in this issue (not just the System 1m). It appears there are a few ways to get around it, but I'm not sure what DAW you're using. I'm not sure you're supposed to be able to see the System-1m on the Mac, but I think there's still a way to configure the DAW and the MX-1 to access the 1m, send patches, control it, etc. Check out this thread for details (especially last post):

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=50623

Check this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPeczDGT6iM
Kurrupt

Post by Kurrupt »

Hi thanks for the reply
I'm using logic x as my daw .
I've got no problem using the system 1m in logic as a external midi device when it's plugged into the mac direct it's when it's plugged into the mx-1 that I'm having the issue . I can't load plugouts when it's plugged into that but can when it's connected to the mac direct. When I say you can see it I mean you have to set it up in audio/midi set up in utilities. It shows up in there once you install the drivers like all midi devices do . Also in system preferences the system 1m , mx-1 and the modular app are in there too when you click on them you can edit the settings of each unit. If there not available it will say you need to connect the device . But once it's plugged into the mx-1 it's greyed out in system preferences and not available in system preferences which when you try to use plugouts you can't because it says midi communication failed . Sorry if that sounds a mouthful but I had to explain my problem in detail .
Thanks I'll check out the bits you shared .
Kurrupt

Post by Kurrupt »

Problem solved
I fixed it all by doing a factory reset on my mx-1 and system 1m. I'm now about to get sound from the system 1m being plugged into mx1 and it can be triggered by my novation nova synth . The plugouts are also working