Issue with the System-1 Librarian

Forum for Aira
konjurer

Issue with the System-1 Librarian

Post by konjurer »

Can someone recommend a free DAW for the System-1 Librarian? I tried MuLab and LMMS and neither worked. Both locked up when you click PATCH... which is the reason I want to use the Librarian.

Thanks!

Tim
Manic

Re: Issue with the System-1 Librarian

Post by Manic »

You can use the System-1 plug-out demo as a librarian, works perfectly!
lkhsystem

Post by lkhsystem »

I have a system 1M. I would like to use the librarian software (not wanting Plug outs) but I cannot get it to work. I am using a Win 7 laptop. installed 64bit version (and after removing, the 32bit) .
When I connect system 1m with usb (a proven cable) and turn it on, nothing happens. Is there something I am doing wrong ? (system 1m has ver 1.3 firmware)
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

You installed the proper USB driver for the 1m, and confirmed in Windows (outside of the Roland software) that it is working, yes?

https://www.roland.com/global/support/b ... d4a52d8b4/

Even so, your original issue was looking for a free DAW, because the ones you have don't work. They're not on the list of compatible software host applications, posted here.

I think people have been able to get it to work with Reaper. That's not free, but it's free to try. I'd suggest giving that a shot, at least to try to eliminate possible causes.