ROLAND TR-8 MALFUNCTION HELP!

Forum for Aira
Chalupabatmac

ROLAND TR-8 MALFUNCTION HELP!

Post by Chalupabatmac »

I got a TR-8 looking brand new from an amazon certified seller, the device was used, but it seemed as its conditions were perfect. However, upon testing the effect section (delay, reverb, scatter) I noticed none of these effects were working. I've also noticed a certain "glitch" , from time to time the kick starts to sound "glitchy" as if the CPU usage was peaking, however I've tested this issue and whenever this happens my CPU doesn't pass the 20 %.

I've checked the system version of the machine, it displayed 120 in the tempo display. I supposed thats the latest update (1.20) and I double checked I downloaded the latest driver in my mac.
Electribe_noodler

Re: ROLAND TR-8 MALFUNCTION HELP!

Post by Electribe_noodler »

Apologies in advance if you've tried this already. You have to ensure the effect is assigned to the instrument in question. http://blog.dubspot.com/roland-tr-8-tips/ this is pretty good for all your effects needs.
GilgaFrank

Post by GilgaFrank »

How is this "Latest News / Free Zone" ?
cello

Post by cello »

Moved to AIRA forum to keep the Clan tidy :)
Chalupabatmac

Post by Chalupabatmac »

I assumed "Free zoned" was applicable for my concern... Still though, Im not really sure whats more important in this forum, the categorization or providing a frank solution to whom might need it.

Ensure your priorities; the help you grant someone can create a more solid relation between the user and the forum, rather than its "tidy categorization". Honestly, i just want a go-to forum where I can share and brainstorm different ideas, and receive valuable feedback.

Anyways, my problem is still standing and your forum keeps looking the same to me...
cello

Post by cello »

Free Zone is for news or for things that don't have a category elsewhere. The TR-8 is part of Roland's AIRA range. It's best to keep things tidy in a forum so that others can quickly find related topics. Apologies if that wasn't clear to you. My experience of the Clan is that folks try to help (when they can) and learn, share as well as just have a bit of fun. I hope you find it the same!

Regarding your issue - I no longer have my TR-8 so I can't directly help. I'm confused by you saying that you tested the CPU - didn't know that could be done on the TR-8! However, my view is that if the effects aren't working and you've checked their settings, then I would return the unit as defective.

The TR-8 is great - I want to get another one as I miss being able to add effects on to particular steps. I have the TR-9 now but it doesn't do that.
Goon

Post by Goon »

Chalupabatmac wrote:I assumed "Free zoned" was applicable for my concern... Still though, Im not really sure whats more important in this forum, the categorization or providing a frank solution to whom might need it.

Ensure your priorities; the help you grant someone can create a more solid relation between the user and the forum, rather than its "tidy categorization". Honestly, i just want a go-to forum where I can share and brainstorm different ideas, and receive valuable feedback.
Posting Questions in the appropriate places, will get answers faster, otherwise they will get buried.
Kick drum, maybe your pushing the compression too much that will make it sound glitchy, the effects have to be stepped seQuenced too, along with the instrument you want 'effected'.