TB-3 BACKUP and RESTORE problem (solved)

Forum for Aira
klar_kinelis

TB-3 BACKUP and RESTORE problem (solved)

Post by klar_kinelis »

My TB-3 is 1.10, I am following every step on Roland's website (https://www.rolandus.com/support/knowle ... /201920509), yet the patterns are not restored! Please help, I have a very important material there....
klar_kinelis

Re: TB-3 BACKUP and RESTORE problem

Post by klar_kinelis »

Ahaha oh lolz - "Gods help those who can help themselves"

I noticed that when I connect the USB the sequencer's bars lights start to blink from left to right and from right to left. After copying my patterns and disconnecting the USB, I noticed that the bar's lights are still going left and right, so I waited for a moment and it stopped. THEN I turned off the TB-3 and the saved patterns are there. Uff... :)

PS: Same goes for the TR-8 - when disconnecting USB you must wait till all the pad's lights to turn green.
Riggar

Re: TB-3 BACKUP and RESTORE problem (solved)

Post by Riggar »

Yep that does it - had terrible trouble following Roland's instructions (via the 1.10 update info). Unfortunately, the instructions DO NOT make it clear that after the copy (backup on computer) to restore folder is made, and then you remove the USB connection - you MUST wait for the 'blinking' right/left, left/right lights to STOP. Then you are good to go.

Many thanks for raising this!