access presets on System 1

Forum for Aira

access presets on System 1

Postby kidmoose » 14:49, 22 October 2017

Hi All,
I recently purchased a System 1 off ebay. Love it but just can't seem to access the 8 banks of presets. Only get the 8 loaded off the start up. Lack of usable info off google. youtube and the Roland site is frustrating. Finally found the link to this forum and need help. Yes, I hold the System 1 button, see the banks blink but when I access bank 1 thru 8, all I get are the original 8 sounds when starting up. WHAT am I doing wrong??? Even had a trusted fellow player help me and HE cannot get them either so I know it's not just me. Also, now when I try to access the PLUG OUT button, it doesn't light. It did before! WHAT did I do? Did an factory reset and all other functions appear to work normal. Did I get a bad unit?
ANY help is appreciated!
Thanks.
Jerry
kidmoose

Re: access presets on System 1

Postby Nig » 16:39, 23 October 2017

Sounds like you need to do a firmware upgrade as this is the behaviour of the original firmware where all the banks were the same. Upgrading should give you all 8 banks.

The top link on this page is the the current version:

https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/system-1/updates_drivers/
Nig

Postby kidmoose » 19:27, 10 November 2017

Many thanks! FINALLY got around to doing the update. Now I have the latest firmware. (YES! Preset 3 lights when I check!)
BUT, still getting only the eight preset sounds....HOW do I access the 8 sounds in each preset bank?
For those who really know this machine I'm sure it is a foolish question, but for me: I'm lost.
Again....ANY help is welcome.
Still a great machine for fooling around!!!!!
Jerry
kidmoose

Postby iluvchiclets » 21:41, 19 November 2017

Check out this post - it details how to download the factory 64 patches, and also the process to add the patches to your System 1...

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=51942
iluvchiclets

Postby kidmoose » 21:00, 7 January 2018

Man, is this frustrating!!!!!
Did my update and followed the attached instructions. I've deleted the BACKUP after copying it to a separate file. Copied the patches to the RESTORE file and ejected the System 1 ALL while the unit's OCTAVE buttons are flashing.....BUT when I disconnect the USB cable the OCTAVE buttons cease to flash....immediately. Did the patches load? I can't tell as all I can access are the original 8 presents that came with the unit.
Is there a trick to getting the 64 programs that I am missing? I've done this a total of 13 times over the past few days, with various variations of the procedures but still get the same results.
Again, ANY help is appreciated. Other posts indicate this procedure works but what have I forgotten, where did I go wrong.
HELP!!!!!
....and thanks!
Jerry
kidmoose

Postby iluvchiclets » 15:25, 3 February 2018

I added very specific instructions to another post to help you - please see this post:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=51942&p=306467#p306467

Let us know if you still need help...
iluvchiclets

Return to Aira