MX-1 and MPC 1000 question when tracking to live.

Forum for Aira
nomadjames

MX-1 and MPC 1000 question when tracking to live.

Post by nomadjames »

Hey guys,

New here. I bought the MX-1 as a portable solution for live gigs. I run my MPC 1000 SPDIF output into the MX-1 digital channel. I have the MX-1 set to 44.1, as that is the bit rate that the MPC 1000 uses, and I am getting sound out. Everything works fine without a computer.

I would, however, like to record into Ableton, and possibly even do some hybrid stuff using the computer as well.

Problem is, I set the audio rate to 44.1 in Ableton, and I don't think I can set bit rate. Getting pops and clicks that sound like the bit rates are not correct, and can't figure out why.

Any ideas?
Manic

Re: MX-1 and MPC 1000 question when tracking to live.

Post by Manic »

Try increasing the buffer size of the mx-1 asio driver
Nuts_milk

Post by Nuts_milk »

nomadjames wrote:Hey guys,

New here. I bought the MX-1 as a portable solution for live gigs. I run my MPC 1000 SPDIF output into the MX-1 digital channel. I have the MX-1 set to 44.1, as that is the bit rate that the MPC 1000 uses, and I am getting sound out. Everything works fine without a computer.

I would, however, like to record into Ableton, and possibly even do some hybrid stuff using the computer as well.

Problem is, I set the audio rate to 44.1 in Ableton, and I don't think I can set bit rate. Getting pops and clicks that sound like the bit rates are not correct, and can't figure out why.

Any ideas?
What os are you using?
Do you have mx1 drivers installed if windows?
Have you tried a tool like latencymon if windows?
See if maybe you can have ableton clocked from the mx1. You can set the mx1 to sync from pc and then match the sample rate. I am not exactly sure how this would work though in your setup. I use my mx1 with reaper/cubase... and there is presently no way to force the mx1 to receive an external clock. You might be best off making your ableton slaved to the mx1's clock over usb.
nomadjames

Post by nomadjames »

Sorry,

I didn't see the reply. Its running into Ableton on a PC. Latency is set super high because I'm tracking. 512. I didn't have it set to slave, but I'll try it out.