MX-1, TR-8, and Aira Eurorack sample rate questions...

Forum for Aira
nomadjames

MX-1, TR-8, and Aira Eurorack sample rate questions...

Post by nomadjames »

So I have an MX-1, and am about buy a TR-8 to hook up to one of the USB ports. I am also looking into the Aira Eurorack modules because you can run a signal through them, into the MX-1 USB ports.

My question is with sample rate: Currently I have an MPC 1000 hooked up to the digital in on the MX-1. The MPC 1000 only works digitally at the sample rate of 44.1/16bit, so that is what I have the MX-1 set to, and it works fine.
1) Can you set the TR-8 to work at that rate? Is it necessary?
2) Can you set the Aira Eurorack modules to work at that rate? I read somewhere that you couldn't,
but that might have been old information.
3) Does anyone know if there is an analog to digital converter that works at 96k? I've been looking
and they all appear to work at 48k, so if the TR-8 and Eurorack modules work at 48k, that would
work, too.

Thanks in advance
rcmusic35

Re: MX-1, TR-8, and Aira Eurorack sample rate questions...

Post by rcmusic35 »

1/ yes, but make sure you run last update 1.5 on TR8
2/ yes eurorack torcido, bitrazer, scooper or demora can work at 44.1. BUT be sure to unpowered those before you setup 44.1 (or any change actually). when mX1 has rebooted, you can power your module. (if you don't do this, you will get a big hiss sound, unbearable)
3/i ordered one with that spec, but when it arrived it only support 48khz..bummer

if you want to keep your mpc digitally connected then you need to setup only 44.1
nomadjames

Post by nomadjames »

rcmusic35 wrote:1/ yes, but make sure you run last update 1.5 on TR8
2/ yes eurorack torcido, bitrazer, scooper or demora can work at 44.1. BUT be sure to unpowered those before you setup 44.1 (or any change actually). when mX1 has rebooted, you can power your module. (if you don't do this, you will get a big hiss sound, unbearable)
3/i ordered one with that spec, but when it arrived it only support 48khz..bummer

if you want to keep your mpc digitally connected then you need to setup only 44.1
Dude! Thank you! It's hard to find out all about this.

I have been having issues using the MX-1 to track these sources into Ableton, but now that I think about it my issues have been with playback. It's just hard to tell if the recordings are decent with all the pops and clicks, but I can't tell why they are happening.

Thanks so much for your help, I am actively looking for a TR-8 and for any of the Eurorack Airas so I can hook up more stuff to the MX-1. I would really like to hook up a Demora and run the Elektron Digitone into that, and maybe the Distortion module and run a Deepmind 12 into that, then my live rig would be complete.

Your answer made my day.
nomadjames

Post by nomadjames »

How much of a loss of soound quality do you think we experience running at 44.1? I would love to find the right Analog to Digital and just run the whole thing at 96K, but I really can't find anything that fits the bill.
rcmusic35

Post by rcmusic35 »

I have tried every frequencies and must say it’s quite difficult to hear differenceswhen playing live. Maybe when recording into your daw it will better but your computer cpu must handle the 96khz fairly well too.

Now i’m stuck at 48khz because of my digital converter, but i’m happy with the sound.

When you’ll find modular fx module, be sure to get the right cable: mono 3.5 to mono 6.35. And to update them